Is there an app that will allow you to continuously stay connected to the VPN?

ShanghaiPhil

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Nexus 6 in China - VPN question

Hi all,

I'm completely new to the forum here, but I have been an iPhone user for a very long time and the prices of the new iPhone 6 are pushing me to look at other options. I had the chance to play with a Nexus 5 and it was awesome, and the Nexus 6 sounds even better. Here is the issue though, the Nexus is only really super cool if you have continuous access to Google. If not, it turns into a regular phone... and living in China, well, you need a VPN to access Google.

I have 3 of my own personal PPTP VPNs sitting on VPS servers in three countries, so there's no issues for finding a working VPN. The issue is that from what I remember of the Android system - last time I played with one was a long time ago - is that connecting to the VPN was a convoluted and somewhat complicated thing. It would not re-attempt connection. It would not remember your password. And there was 5 steps (clicks) to re-connect, and re-enter your password. So here is my question: Is there an app out there that allows to continuously (always) keep your phone connected to a VPN without having to manually re-connect it all the time?

Thanks!!