32 v. 64 GB Nexus 6

joe_m_p

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
In reading through the forums, it seems the majority have opted for the 64 GB version of the Nexus 6. I was able to order the 32 GB phone from Motorola today but am wondering what you use that extra storage for. Movies, music, pictures, etc.?

Netforza

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
My phone usually gets full when I make videos of my family with it. Especially when we travel and there is no internet connection it's the most frustrating experience. No way to backup on google+ or drive so I have to painfully choose what to delete to free up space.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
In reading through the forums, it seems the majority have opted for the 64 GB version of the Nexus 6. I was able to order the 32 GB phone from Motorola today but am wondering what you use that extra storage for. Movies, music, pictures, etc.?

I use the camera a lot and have an unnecessary number of apps. I can get a long with a 32gb just fine but I always buy more storage than I need. Can't add it later.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm buying mine outright and while I think 32gb is sufficient for me, I opted for the 64 just because it was only $50 more for double the storage.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I maxed out my credit card getting this phone. Had I not opted for overnight shipping I could have had the 64 GB version but I'll be ok with 32 GB since I have unlimited data and Google Drive for all of my backup needs.

BobDaNob

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
13mp pictures will begin eating up an obnoxious amount of storage. I have four kids - there will be pics. Many pics. I could easily sink a few gigabytes at Disneyland in a day.

I also enjoy music. I've accepted that FLAC files simply aren't going to happen, but I refuse to go lower than 320. That's usually about 120mb an album and I'm 35...so that leads to a lot of albums in a collection. Also, I don't like clouds. I'll tolerate them and make use of their services but until I can listen to Black Sabbath in the deserts of Arizona or jam out some Dream Theater in the middle of the Pacific on a boat, clouds are bloody damn useless when I need them the most. I like things stored locally.

Factor in the ever-expanding size of apps/games and media in general, well...a little extra elbow room these days never hurts. lol

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you are buying from Google, Motorola, or T-Mobile the 64 GB is a no brainer in my opinion. The only reason to get 32 GB is if you are buying from Sprint or AT&T.

courtneyftw

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I originally was trying to obtain a 64GB. After some careful consideration, I realized that currently I'm working with total 32GB storage on my phone, unrooted (so I can't remove some pesky AT&T apps) for personal reasons.
I have the 16GB S4 with a 16GB SD attached. Neither of which is filled...

I saved the $50 and ordered successfully, having been left in the dust three times when attempting to snag a 64GB.

I would have gotten a 64GB had stock been available. To be honest, at the end of the day I don't really need it. I have ample Drive storage, and physical storage on external sources.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I went 64 GB just because it was only $50 on what was already going to be a $700 purchase... 32 with tax was going to be $710 ish and the 64 ended up being $747 and change...... I have a 32 GB Nexus 5 and with everything I do it still has over 18 GB of free space..... If I were going to sign another 2 year agreement and only pay $200 - 250 out of pocket 32 would have been just fine... but for what amounted to just about an 8% price increase over the other........ Why not..... I don't know why they didn't just go 64 only... Flash memory is not that expensive and the difference between 32 and 64 would of been just a few bucks.... the $50 "Premium" is almost all profit and just small enough that it didn't make much of a real difference anyway....

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
If you are buying from Google, Motorola, or T-Mobile the 64 GB is a no brainer in my opinion. The only reason to get 32 GB is if you are buying from Sprint or AT&T.

True, but getting a 64gb on Playstore/Moto is like hitting the lottery when it's 250million. LMAO

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to have the 64 gb nexus 6, but it impossible to buy on the play store/Motorola website. I went with att pre-order.
I have the note 3 and with Samsungs and att bloat, I still have 17.5 gb free. I have music on my SD card but I haven't used it for awhile. I usually stream music and if I go on a trip I can download some and remove it later.
Plus I have about 4-5 cloud services that auto back up my pictures so I can delete those too if necessary.

Posted via Android Central App

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to have the 64 gb nexus 6, but it impossible to buy on the play store/Motorola website. I went with att pre-order.
I have the note 3 and with Samsungs and att bloat, I still have 17.5 gb free. I have music on my SD card but I haven't used it for awhile. I usually stream music and if I go on a trip I can download some and remove it later.
Plus I have about 4-5 cloud services that auto back up my pictures so I can delete those too if necessary.

Posted via Android Central App
What did AT&T put on it? My note 3 at t-mobile had around 21gb free and my note 4 on t-mobile had around 20 and my note 4 on Verizon had around 20 as well

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

courtneyftw

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
What did AT&T put on it? My note 3 at t-mobile had around 21gb free and my note 4 on t-mobile had around 20 and my note 4 on Verizon had around 20 as well

A ton of apps.. I'll be honest, I was able to remove quite a few via the Application Manager, but there are ~10 I can't.
Just hogging space, lol.

Not that I need it, but still.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
A ton of apps.. I'll be honest, I was able to remove quite a few via the Application Manager, but there are ~10 I can't.
Just hogging space, lol.

Not that I need it, but still.
Ah.. They didn't do that much on the s4 which was the last phone I had with AT&T.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
True, but getting a 64gb on Playstore/Moto is like hitting the lottery when it's 250million. LMAO

Just glad I got lucky with my Powerball Numbers.... I mean Motorola direct order.... now to see if they keep their promise of "Shipping on 11/13" I have a feeling if it ACTUALLY ships today it'll be like winning the lottery twice...

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Normally, I'm good with 32gb. But the fact that there's a 64gb Nexus..... I can't pass that up.
Same with Ipad... Get as much memory as you can afford. Price per gigabyte is cheaper with the nexus 6 64 then 32 and same goes with ipads.

aj888

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I feel I got lucky and ordered the 64gb blue on motos site. Does anyone know how much space there will be out of the gate I'm thinking 56gb free space.

Posted via the Android Central App