Nexus 6 and Note 4 camera shootout with pics-

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Nice comparison. Surprisingly, the low light show he gave a "slight" edge to the Note 4, as you can clearly see the poster/details, while the Nexus 6 shot you can barely make it out. I'd say the Note 4 wins hands down in the that photo, not even close.

However, overall and in outdoor conditions, both seem really good and Nexus 6 hangs in there nicely :)

Chuondroid

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Very close call, but you can start telling more and more by each picture that the N6 has a more red tinge to most of the images, while N4 is most of the time over exposed.

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Note 4 takes better pics. JR must be crazy to think the N6 takes the better overall shots. But I will say that it is close in many instances and it doesn't sway me away from getting the Nexus 6.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Note 4 takes better pics. JR must be crazy to think the N6 takes the better overall shots. But I will say that it is close in many instances and it doesn't sway me away from getting the Nexus 6.

Not only does it take better photos, it's much quicker. That's a huge pain point with Google's camera. Why anyone would want to deal with that delay in shutter speed and processing is beyond me.

Posted via the Android Central App

courtneyftw

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I've been using the Google Camera over the stock camera app on my Galaxy S4, and I don't really notice any delay.

It might just be me.

I really found this comparison useful. Without reading the author's descriptions of the comparison, I was able to come to my own judgement on things. If anyone finds anymore side by side comparisons that are useful, please let me know.

Photography is a hobby of mine, and owning an SLR has made me a stickler for image quality. Having a camera on my person at all times is a huge deal for me, so I care maybe too much about the Nexi6 camera.

Any additional info or side by side comparisons are welcome!

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
The pics look fine to me, and I doubt I'll scythe camera is bad when I'm using git.

What concerns me is the slow shutter speed and slow focus speed. That matters a lot.

Tony DeLuce

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I agree that in the one low light shot that the note 4 is definitely better but the sony sensor in the nexus 6 is very capable so we may see some improvement here. It is interesting that even though the Nexus 6 has less pixels the pics tend to have more detail. In the brighter scenes the note 4 pics are definitely washed out a bit. Whether you like the note 4 or nexus 6 pics better they are both in the same ball park.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I agree that in the one low light shot that the note 4 is definitely better but the sony sensor in the nexus 6 is very capable so we may see some improvement here. It is interesting that even though the Nexus 6 has less pixels the pics tend to have more detail. In the brighter scenes the note 4 pics are definitely washed out a bit. Whether you like the note 4 or nexus 6 pics better they are both in the same ball park.

More hair splitting... They are neck in neck...... Close enough that to my untrained eye the Note 4 appears to put up ever so slightly more consistent pictures... They are just so darn close overall (Without having to zoom in as the review person states several times to see exactly what he's talking about) plus not seeing the actual item in person it's hard to make a true judgement on color or brightness.. Just have to test it out.. I know it will be just fine for what I use my phone camera for.... No better or worse than the last stand alone Samsung Digital camera I bought 4 or 5 years ago.... Both are a million times better than the old film cameras all my childhood and family photo's were taken with back in the 1990's......

Tony DeLuce

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Cameras are not my final decision for selecting a phone but they definitely do matter to me and this Nexus 6 camera is among the best out right now and can only get better. For me it is the 6 inch screen, google on feature, Motorola build quality and cell radios that make it a slam dunk and the camera is the icing on the cake...

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah the camera wasn't my top pick either... If I had to put it in order the 6 inch screen was first, stock android second, Motorola reputation on cell radios, the build quality, battery life and then Camera......

Won't know true Battery life, Camera and how great the Radio's are until I have it in my hand and put it through a few weeks of use... Battery life actually always seems to balance out and get better a little bit as you use the device.. Early on you are going to be on it more than you would normally because it's new.... Nothing I've read points to not getting it.... or even makes me have a hint of doubt it will be rock solid overall...

Tony DeLuce

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I didn't mention battery life as all the top Phablets today have acceptable battery life and I would be surprised if the 3200mA battery does not deliver. I prefer stock Lollipop but the rest of the specs mentioned are more important to me. I had the original Galaxy Nexus on Verizon and actually liked touchwiz on my Note 2 better when I first got it (which was the day it was released on Verizon) but it looks like stock Lollipop will be a winner

ryancell

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I currently am on a original Sprint Galaxy Nexus, so to me this camera would be like owning a top of the line camera either way. Just still on the fence if I can deal with the size yet.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Looking at the comparison pics in the link that was provided has given me confidence in the camera on this phone. I just hope that I get the phone in my hands soon.