Google Nexus 6 Battery Life Summary

Kaido

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Android Authority:
  • Screen On Time - 4h 27m 15s with 17% left (Never Got Passed The 5h Mark)
  • Mentioned Con - "Battery Life Is Sadly Aggressively Average"

Android Police:
  • Screen On Time - 3h 29m 41s with 29% left (Brightness Almost Always At Max & Connected To Mobile Data Exclusively)
  • Screen On Time - 3h 12m 15s with 28% left (Heavy Navigation Use)

Macmixing:
  • Screen On Time ~ 4.5 to 5 Hours (Usually), 4 Hours (Extreme Days)

Marques Brownlee:
  • Screen On Time ~ 3 to 3.5 Hours

The Verge:
  • Regular Use ~ 1.5 Day
  • Heavy Use ~ 14 Hours
  • Rating ~ 8/10
  • Mentioned Con - "Unpredictable Battery Life"

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: Battery Life Summary

It's all relative, but overall it seems to be about average to above average for large battery phones.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Anandtech has a bit more scientific method of calibrating to a standard display brightness and using a standard test loop of activities. Granted everyone's milage will vary with use, but in their testing it was pretty average compared to other devices.

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

I dont understand the reviews. If I get through a full day and have 30% left that is amazing to me. How is that average? I dont know if the expectations were set so high that people were thinking they would get 2 days out of the battery or something but the droid turbo doesnt even get 2 days of heavy use. All I need my phone to do is last me my entire work day while I am out and about I dont need it to last me for 2 days or a day and a half because when I come home I charge my device. Especially regarding the android authority comments, they got 5 hours of on screen time and thats "aggressively average"??? lol I dont know, I guess I will have to see when I get the device myself but I have a feeling I will be happy with the results.

ced2334

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site

I dont understand the reviews. If I get through a full day and have 30% left that is amazing to me. How is that average? I dont know if the expectations were set so high that people were thinking they would get 2 days out of the battery or something but the droid turbo doesnt even get 2 days of heavy use. All I need my phone to do is last me my entire work day while I am out and about I dont need it to last me for 2 days or a day and a half because when I come home I charge my device. Especially regarding the android authority comments, they got 5 hours of on screen time and thats "aggressively average"??? lol I dont know, I guess I will have to see when I get the device myself but I have a feeling I will be happy with the results.

Agreed. All I want is a phone that lasts me the whole day at work and still have enough charge to last me till late in the evening without having to charge my phone. I'll be plugging it in every night no matter what anyways.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Battery life is just too subjective. Everyone has different needs so do not go by reviews. The only way to know is to try it out with your usage patterns to see if it works for you. You can always return it if it doesn't work for you.

Posted via Nexus 5 with Lollipop!

darkestred

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site

Heres the thing i never understood. No phone out today is going to last all day with heavy usage.

As discussed, the problem is what does one consider heavy use? I have yet to see any phone last much longer than a day and thats being kind, on heavy usage.

If this phone can last into the next day with 20-40 txts a day, an hour or two of internet browsing, maybe a 5-10m call a day and general email and other misc. We got a winner.

If im pluggin in at 5pm with the aforemention, we got a loser.

Posted via the Android Central App

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site

If you're in a weak signal area your battery can be sapped fast. In the end I always seem to end up with an extended battery. My Note 3 has an excellent one. Since the 6 is non removable it is unlikely I will buy it.

Sent by my hooka via hash cloud.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12