Nexus 6: Complaints, bugs & gremlins thread.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Got a complaint, bug or found some gremlins hiding inside that new Nexus 6? You can share it here. If possible include screenshots and be as descriptive as possible.

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I hate to be the first, but my screen is messed up. First off it blinks a lot. Sometimes it is the whole screen and sometimes just portions of it. It also looks very fuzzy and jittery, kinda like a monitor that has a bad refresh rate. I have tried to restart it. Charge it, factory reset it and external reset it. But it still does it. I have called Motorola since that is where I bought it from. They are calling me back to let me know what will happen. I love the device, just got one with a defective screen.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I hate to be the first, but my screen is messed up. First off it blinks a lot. Sometimes it is the whole screen and sometimes just portions of it. It also looks very fuzzy and jittery, kinda like a monitor that has a bad refresh rate. I have tried to restart it. Charge it, factory reset it and external reset it. But it still does it. I have called Motorola since that is where I bought it from. They are calling me back to let me know what will happen. I love the device, just got one with a defective screen.

OUCH!! So far I have not found any issues but I have only used it for 45 minutes of screen on time since 9:40 this morning.... Gotta work and pay for it first.... Sure I'll spend some quality time with it tonight..... Sorry to hear it after our two phones spent all that quality time in flight together yesterday.....

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
OUCH!! So far I have not found any issues but I have only used it for 45 minutes of screen on time since 9:40 this morning.... Gotta work and pay for it first.... Sure I'll spend some quality time with it tonight..... Sorry to hear it after our two phones spent all that quality time in flight together yesterday.....

I appreciate it. This is kind of a first for me. I usually have pretty good luck on large purchases like this. I guess it was my time. That is okay. I love the phone and will get it replaced. I am just glad my screen did not rub off on yours on the trip...lol

ilifecomputer

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Got mine today. Can't believe how incredibly not uniform the screen is. Top is sort of pink and by the bottom it becomes a yellowish tone. I've seen cheap phones with better uniformity than this.

mloebl

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I tried out Tmobile, AT&T and Verizon SIM cards in a Google Play Store phone tonight. Tmobile and AT&T worked, Verizon kept giving me odd errors (not really a big deal). The quirk is that when I put my AT&T SIM back in, it was stuck in CDMA. I had to switch from LTE to Global, wait a minute, then it kicked out of CDMA mode for options. Not sure if a Lollipop or N6 quirk.

Derrick Carson

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Husbands phone came yesterday. He is having screen problems, looks red, flickers, right half of the scree isn't inline with the left. Contacted Google(where i bought it) and motorola (neither can find a fix) have to return it.

My phone came today. used it for about 40 minutes. Phone froze, half the screen went black, then it all went black. Now it won't turn on. Contacted Google(where i bought it) and motorola (neither can find a fix) have to return it.

No Bueno, 2 for 2. not a good sign. Never had a phone problem, always purchased Nexus phones.

Not happy.

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Few issues I have found so far:

• Battery Life (2.5 hours screen on time and down to 17%)
  • Cloud Print random crash message while in apps
  • Speakers are loud when on high volume, and too quiet when below 50% (could just be me being picky, but my Lumia 1520 is extremely loud, and the speaker is audible even on the lowest setting)

Hoping future Android L updates helps with the battery, that is my biggest concern so far.

soulglo

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
So I think this is more of a complaint, though I'm sure I'm just doing something wrong. Since setting the notifications to "None" silences alarms I tried using "priority" mode and turning off all interruptions so that the alarms still works, but no notifications come through. The phone was still going off all night so not really sure what I'm doing wrong. Any ideas?

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
anyone else having issues with sideload app? I can't install amazon app store. I did turn it on in the security settings to allow sideload app. I open the apk, install is light up, but doesn't do anything when I click on it.

Posted via the Android Central App

NerdTopper

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I believe that this might be an issue for most. I just found out that the display is not going to be bright enough while its sunny outside.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I believe that this might be an issue for most. I just found out that the display is not going to be bright enough while its sunny outside.

I've had this problem with a couple phones this year. I live in socal and have really enjoyed a new phone, only to take it outside for a dog walk or something and realize I can't see the thing at all on full brightness. Instant deal breaker. Some of us live where it is super sunny!

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I've had this problem with a couple phones this year. I live in socal and have really enjoyed a new phone, only to take it outside for a dog walk or something and realize I can't see the thing at all on full brightness. Instant deal breaker. Some of us live where it is super sunny!

Do you have Adaptive Brightness turned off?

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Few issues I have found so far:

• Battery Life (2.5 hours screen on time and down to 17%)
  • Cloud Print random crash message while in apps
  • Speakers are loud when on high volume, and too quiet when below 50% (could just be me being picky, but my Lumia 1520 is extremely loud, and the speaker is audible even on the lowest setting)

Hoping future Android L updates helps with the battery, that is my biggest concern so far.

I kept on getting the cloud print crashing message. Once I downloaded the ota that I received I haven't seen that message at all. Are you on the latest build? LRX21O

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinmo