Who got the Nexus 6? How is your battery? And How fast the turbo charger?

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
please report how battery life go for u guys..I need to hear from real user..and need to know how fast the charger go..thanks.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
It's only been a couple days and have been doing a lot of playing with the phone so too early to get a good guage on battery life. The turbo charger does seem to charge this phone quite fast whereas it's very noticeable compared to my last phone (2013 moto x)

Sentrix

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Battery life is average at best.
Turbo charger is very fast compared to any device I've previously owned, though.

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
Just put the phone on the charger at 27%, took a shower and 11 minutes later took it off at 43%. Pretty incredible.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Battery life is average at best.
Turbo charger is very fast compared to any device I've previously owned, though.

After a full day I'd agree it's "Average" way better than what I use to get with my Nexus 5 even when it was brand new it didn't last 12 hours... But today was my first full day.... Yesterday out the box it was at 40% and made it from 10 am - almost 10 pm... I get a weak signal at work and my phones have always died faster at work than when I get out away from that building... Today from 6 am - 11 am I went from 99% to 67% with less than 40 minutes screen on time... go to lunch and have over 45 minutes screen on time in a strong signal area and it only went from 67 t o 63%.. Left work at about 48% (4 pm) and it's almost 10 with 3% remaining.... took it off the charger at 5:20 am and it's going back on at 9:43...

Impressive compared to the Nexus 5 and what I am use to but probably not that solid overall.... Will be interesting on Saturday when I spend a lot of time out and about but in solid strong signal areas.. I usually double my screen on time on the weekends vs weekdays (I have to earn a living and it's not from playing on my phone) Turbo charger for me is still wrapped up in the OEM packaging... I have 3 TYLT VU wireless chargers and rarely charge via USB port.. so unless I find a true need for a fast boost they will probably never get opened.... I've been great at planning... I always made sure my Nexus 5 hit the charger 2 hours before I left work and with two VU chargers at home I always set it down while in the shower or cooking or any time I am not using it....
Screenshot_2014-11-20-21-24-35.jpgScreenshot_2014-11-20-21-24-52.jpg

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
After a full day I'd agree it's "Average" way better than what I use to get with my Nexus 5 even when it was brand new it didn't last 12 hours... But today was my first full day.... Yesterday out the box it was at 40% and made it from 10 am - almost 10 pm... I get a weak signal at work and my phones have always died faster at work than when I get out away from that building... Today from 6 am - 11 am I went from 99% to 67% with less than 40 minutes screen on time... go to lunch and have over 45 minutes screen on time in a strong signal area and it only went from 67 t o 63%.. Left work at about 48% (4 pm) and it's almost 10 with 3% remaining.... took it off the charger at 5:20 am and it's going back on at 9:43...

Impressive compared to the Nexus 5 and what I am use to but probably not that solid overall.... Will be interesting on Saturday when I spend a lot of time out and about but in solid strong signal areas.. I usually double my screen on time on the weekends vs weekdays (I have to earn a living and it's not from playing on my phone) Turbo charger for me is still wrapped up in the OEM packaging... I have 3 TYLT VU wireless chargers and rarely charge via USB port.. so unless I find a true need for a fast boost they will probably never get opened.... I've been great at planning... I always made sure my Nexus 5 hit the charger 2 hours before I left work and with two VU chargers at home I always set it down while in the shower or cooking or any time I am not using it....
View attachment 149530View attachment 149531

yeah, better than Nexus 5, but it's def definitely not anything that great considering how big the phone is. only 3 hours screen on time. I'm really disappointed with the battery since it is a big compromise for me getting a phone this big. all Google have to do is go with a 1080p screen instead, then the battery would be so much better. I'm really considering getting a one plus one now.

Posted via the Android Central App

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I just put mine on the charger. It was at 5%. i had about 3 hours and 40 minutes of screen time. The phone was taken off the charger at 8:30 this morning. So that's 14.5 hours.

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I had my expectations set a tad high it appears.

Switching back to an Android device from my Lumia 1520 as a daily driver, I'm finding I was spoiled with that battery life.

The only "flagship" I've yet to use the last 2 years is the Xperia Z3, but according to Alex on the AC Podcast a few weeks ago, he says it's the best for battery life from his experience. I'll have my hands on one in a week or so and see what my experience there is.

I'm still holding out hope that future Android L updates for the Nexus 6 with further tweak the battery life here and make more use of the larger battery we got here.

Having the Turbo Charger and Qi charging available makes this bearable, but not everyone can just charge their device whenever they want.

Posted via my Nexus 6

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
This is where I'm at right now. No Wi-Fi all day. Just Verizon LTE. I took the phone off the charger at 7:45 am and it's been of the charger since.

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 314
  • 124.jpg
    124.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 314

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site

View attachment 149530View attachment 149531

You're killing your battery with Facebook! And why does Inbox use so much??

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
Battery seems good. Today is my first full day, but I bet I get a day of solid use without a doubt.

Turbo charger went from 50% to 70% in 14 minutes with charge rates of >90%/hour. That's when it started at 50%. Can't wait to see starting at 5%!

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
You're killing your battery with Facebook! And why does Inbox use so much??

Yeah the funny thing is I barely use Facebook but I was in that app for a good 30 minutes yesterday turning things off and setting it up to no auto play video unless I am on WiFi as I know that is a data hog.... I actually am more of a Twitter person and it wasn't even up there... I go into that app often... and it wasn't even up there... No clue about inbox... I send/receive a decent number of emails but before I started using inbox gmail was never a large battery hog either...

Signal strength in our office building is horrendous... AT&T is amazing in our building and I know people with iPhones on T-Mobile complain of fast battery drain and people on AT&T don't have any issues... I use T-Mobile and their coverage is "okay" in this building... Sprint and Verizon are almost nonexistent.... My battery life improved 25% when I dropped Sprint and came to T-Mobile..... I'll see how it does over the weekend but as far as screen on time that is about my average.... 3 hours....

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
yeah, better than Nexus 5, but it's def definitely not anything that great considering how big the phone is. only 3 hours screen on time. I'm really disappointed with the battery since it is a big compromise for me getting a phone this big. all Google have to do is go with a 1080p screen instead, then the battery would be so much better. I'm really considering getting a one plus one now.

Yeah it's not what you'd expect... I agree I would have been okay with a top notch 1080p screen... It's a mixed bag of nuts for sure... I went from 5:20 am to 10 pm..... and 3 hours of screen on is usually my average... that is 17 hours on a single charge and I went to bed and it was back on the charger and 100% again at 5:20 this morning as I headed out for work.... I know signal strength is a major factor in where I work... I usually get better battery life on the weekends because of that... We are just in a horrible dead zone for just about every carrier...

With my Nexus 5 I'd take it off the charger at 5:20 am and by 1 in the afternoon I had to choice but to make sure it was charging every day.... and when my daughter had 7 pm soccer games I'd always make sure at 6 it was on the charger at home so I wouldn't come close to running out before we got home at 9.. So it appears I won't have those worries anymore.... a full day is a vast improvement over the 5.... but for the money, battery size and all these battery saving improvements in 5.0 you'd think it would be so much better (and I know it will get better as we move forward but I don't think it will go from 17 hours a day on a single charge to 34 hours or anything like that... They might make some tweaks and I might get to 20 hours with 4.5 hours screen on time)

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
Yeah the funny thing is I barely use Facebook but I was in that app for a good 30 minutes yesterday turning things off and setting it up to no auto play video unless I am on WiFi as I know that is a data hog.... I actually am more of a Twitter person and it wasn't even up there... I go into that app often... and it wasn't even up there... No clue about inbox... I send/receive a decent number of emails but before I started using inbox gmail was never a large battery hog either...

Signal strength in our office building is horrendous... AT&T is amazing in our building and I know people with iPhones on T-Mobile complain of fast battery drain and people on AT&T don't have any issues... I use T-Mobile and their coverage is "okay" in this building... Sprint and Verizon are almost nonexistent.... My battery life improved 25% when I dropped Sprint and came to T-Mobile..... I'll see how it does over the weekend but as far as screen on time that is about my average.... 3 hours....

If you don't use it a lot, delete the FB app immediately. It's a major resource hog, because it's ALWAYS running. Androids run way better without that garbage installed. The mobile site on Chrome is perfectly sufficient for the casual user, IMHO.

Inbox, well, it frankly seems like useless bloat to me, and it seems it performs as so.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
If you don't use it a lot, delete the FB app immediately. It's a major resource hog, because it's ALWAYS running. Androids run way better without that garbage installed. The mobile site on Chrome is perfectly sufficient for the casual user, IMHO.

Inbox, well, it frankly seems like useless bloat to me, and it seems it performs as so.

I might have to do that.. Just run Facebook on the mobile website... Looking back at some old N5 screen shots of battery usage Facebook wasn't even in the top 10.... that's because I always have it set to not update at all.. Only manually when I go into the app and pull down.... which is another thing I did yesterday.. No notifications and no updating at all... period... only manual updating... See how that goes.. However how ironic a friend I have not heard from or seen in about 10 years sent me a friends request on there and a message so I've actually been on it more this morning trading catch up messages with him.... but default updating is now off so it shouldn't be an issue...

NerdTopper

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I had the Note 4 for 14 days, I've had the Nexus 6 for 5 days now, and I had the iPhone 6+ for 3 or 4 days.
Battery Life: Note4>iPhone 6+>Nexus 6
Time it takes to charge: Nexus 6 and Note 4 both take around 1 hour and 30 minutes to charge to 100% from 0-5% battery, iPhone 6+ take a long time to charge to 100%....

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Interesting comments thanks to those that own the device. Glad I am waiting to hear all the real world stuff. I am not a heavy user and am pretty sure the Nexus 6 would easily last me an entire day. I usually get two days on my OPO, I get usually have 55 to 60% left after day one and recharge the evening of day 2 so that has spoiled me. Even the moto X 2014 was lasting me an entire day with about 25-30% left at the end of the day.

I am wondering if these QHD screens are worth it? I also had an LG G3 but was not happy with the heat that it generated when watching videos etc. Any issues with the Nexus 6 getting hot on the back watching videos on LTE? Thanks.