Nexus 6 Worth Premium Over Moto X (2014)?

y2jdmbfan

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
What do you guys think? I'm not sure it is worth it, unless you want a really BIG phone...I do own a Nexus 6, only have a 2013 Moto X to compare it to though...

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
If the 2014 Moto X had a bigger battery and everything else was the same then I'd be inclined to say that it wasn't worth it since the pure edition of the phone is already running lollipop. People tend to say that if you can't have a Nexus phone then get a Motorola phone so you can have a similar experience. But some people are pro-Google for everything. Also, if the DROID Turbo would have on-screen buttons that would have been my next phone.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
What do you guys think? I'm not sure it is worth it, unless you want a really BIG phone...I do own a Nexus 6, only have a 2013 Moto X to compare it to though...

I think I say no. I really enjoyed the moto x 2014 and it was a great size. I returned mine but waiting to see if there are any black Friday deals on it.

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I am not a super hacker, but enjoy certain root apps and the freedom that comes from an unlocked bootloader.

I've used a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7, and Verizon Moto X (2013) Developer Edition as my primary devices at different times.

In my mind, the Moto X DE gave me a Nexus like experience (fast updates, stockish Android, easily rooted, unlocked bootloader).

The Turbo and Moto X 2014 are nice phones and, if they could be easily unlocked, I probably wouldn't have ordered the Nexus 6.

However, they can't. So, yes, the Nexus 6 is worth the premium for me.

Krolt

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I think it comes down to what size you want, Nexus 6 is too big for me, I have had the 4 and 5 and felt like a change, and to be honest got tired of waiting, the 32 gig one has changed from coming soon to out of stock check back soon 5 days and the 64 gig just say coming soon (uk)
But I really struggle with the size of the 5 and Moto X, if I am just popping out I usually grab Nexus 4.
I have fallen in love with the subtle Motorola touches though I love the 'don't touch for notification' part.
Personnel choice, I like to use a bumper and jumping into the car with that in my pocket would bring many tears to my eyes!

dsneedmd

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
The 6 is just too big for me, but I love my 14X. The Qui charging is the 1 thing I would really like on my X2. Don't really understand why Motorola left that out.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
If the Moto X camera didn't suck, I'd probably get it. If you value the camera, stay away. If you don't, definitely think about it. I love my 2013 X but the camera is just awful in 50% of the situations I use it in.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

After just 36 hours with my Nexus 6 I pulled my Nexus 5 out last night to encrypt and wipe it so I could sell it and I went to play with it now that it has the 5.0 update on it and I am already hooked on the 6 inch size... I wouldn't want to go back to a 5 or 5.2 inch device... So in my mind and for my dollars yes it's worth the "premium" paid for it...

Now spec for spec even including the size difference I'd say no..... but value or worth is different from one person to another....

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
By the time you add the turbo charger plug ($35 and out of stock) the cost is really a lot closer. Only a $65 premium for a 32GB 6 vs a 32GB X.

doubleblack

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
For me it was Tmo band 12 support, and guarantee of VoLTE/wifi calling (although chances are the latter will be able to be loaded from play store or something in future)...

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Now that the Moto X is $359 on Cyber Monday? Unless you have to have a bigger phone, no it isn't. Not for $300 more.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance