Google Nexus 6 Anyone switch their keyboard yet?

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Anyone go back to SwiftKey, Swype, or whatever, yet? Or has lollipop got you back in Google's keyboard, for now, anyway?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Re: Anyone switch their keyboard yet?

I switched to SwiftKey right away.

Posted via the Android Central App

bgapfire

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site

Anyone go back to SwiftKey, Swype, or whatever, yet? Or has lollipop got you back in Google's keyboard, for now, anyway?

Using lollipop on Note 4 and Swiftkey on the Nexus 6. Phone is too big. LOL. The customization of swiftkey helps.

Cincybearcatfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

SwiftKey used to be a no brainer for me when I got s new phone. But I have to say that the new keyboard is my favorite now. It's not quite as accurate and it doesn't predict my next weird often enough but I really like the layout and look of it better than SwiftKey.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site

I usually immediately install Swiftkey on a device but not this one. Really liking the Lollipop keyboard.

garrim85

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

Downloading and installing Swiftkey was the first thing I did once I got past initial setup. Must be done.

Trav Griff

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

I paid around $4 for SwiftKey keyboard before it became free lol I going to keep using because that s***** was not free!

Posted via the Android Central App

mountainman15

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I tried using the Lollipop keyboard for a day, but ended up switching back to Swiftkey. The Lollipop keyboard is an improvement over previous Google keyboards, but I'm just so much faster and more accurate with Swiftkey.

dcesq06

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

SwiftKey used to be a no brainer for me when I got s new phone. But I have to say that the new keyboard is my favorite now. It's not quite as accurate and it doesn't predict my next weird often enough but I really like the layout and look of it better than SwiftKey.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Same here. The lollipop keyboard has really grown on me. Plus, I like having the voice input key a tap away (as opposed to having to tap and hold with Swiftkey).

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site

Going back and forth but SwiftKey is starting to win me over again. It is just a great keyboard. The lollipop keyboard is really good though, going to SwiftKey was no where near as automatic as it usually is.

RayMabry

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site

I used Google Keyboard during setup of my phone but quickly went back to SwiftKey. There's no contest really.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

Swiftkey and it is not even close for me. My top 3 must have apps are Kindle, Swiftkey, and RadarScope.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

I'm trying to go as minimalistic by not as I can and giving the stock keyboard a chance. So far not it's not bad.

doubleblack

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

I used to use SwiftKey (purchased) but now that I have to pay additional for a material theme and lolipop keyboard is so nice on my Nexus 6 I have just stuck with lolipop keyboard. That along with PC layout makes it work really well for me. What is PC layout?

Google Keyboard > Appearance & Layouts > Custom Input Styles > English > PC and voila!

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

I've gone back and forth between the material keyboard and SwiftKey. For me SwiftKey fits my needs better. I want a separate number row and a full set of arrow keys.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

Me too, I paid for swiftkey plus I have about 5 of the paid skins. Too much money invested to stop now. 😞

anon(11078)

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

I'm switching back and forth on the Nexus 9 and have stuck with the new Google keyboard on the Moto X 2014. At this point in time it's a tough decision, both keyboards are working very nicely since the Swiftkey speed update.