Are You Happy With Your Nexus 6?

MrVeda

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Still waiting for mine to arrive from Moto - I'm reading almost all threads on the N6 and although most readers comment on a forum to complain or have an issue, would be nice to read some positive experiences with the new N6.

The Nexus 5 was the best Android I have used to date (I've tried almost all the flagships including Note 4)

My only real concern so far from all the comments here is the unwieldy size that many struggle with.

So are you happy with the N6? Are you keeping it for the foreseeable future?

Thx for any positive posts!

Last edited:

MrVeda

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Agreed - N5 was perfect size but let down by poor battery life. Otherwise love the N5. Almost ordered the Z3 compact but didn't want to leave pure Android os.

whtchdr

May 23, 2013
Visit site
The size isn't hard to get used to if you are coming from a large phone already. I have the Galaxy Note 4 and IPhone 6+ so it seems pretty natural to transition to a 6" screen. As far as my impressions from using the Nexus over the past couple of days, I don't have any major complaints. I love Android 5.0, especially the changes made to notifications. Battery life is decent but not on par with the Note 4. The camera is OK, but doesn't excel in any one area. The speakers on the front are very loud which is one reason why I sent the Droid Turbo packing in exchange for the Nexus 6. No issues with screen brightness, I leave it on auto and it runs around 50%. I personally think the Galaxy Note 4 has the superior hardware in most aspects but it is severely crippled with TouchWiz. Once the Note is updated to 5.0 I may revist that device to see if it has improved, but until then I'd say the Nexus 6 is the one for me.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Agreed - N5 was perfect size but let down by poor battery life. Otherwise love the N5. Almost ordered the Z3 compact but didn't want to leave pure Android os.

So far the 6 isn't much better in terms of battery life.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I only had mine for a couple of days, but I love it!
I had a note 3 and after seeing the Nexus 6, I was surprised at the size. After reading the reviews, I was expecting it to be bigger. It fits great in my hand easy for me to hold and do some things one handed.
Coming from a N5, you will notice size difference though. You can try to hold a Samsung Mega 2 or a iPhone 6+ to compare the size.
This is my first Nexus and it was nice to get a phone with no apps on the pages except for chrome, app drawer and hangouts. I didn't have to clear the pages before I set it up. I tried to use tap n go to set up the phone, but it didn't work for me. Maybe because i forgot to turn on nfc on the n6 first. But the regular setup was great. It knew what my last device was and let choose what apps to download.
I'm still figuring out lollipop, but "ok google" works every time(so far), wireless charging is a great feature.
The speakers are good and loud, but I noticed my Chewbacca notification sound was a little off. It was better on the note 3.
I don't play intensive games like grand theft auto, etc, But I saw that some of my games are not compatible. Like some Angry bird games, Diamond Digger saga. Hopefully they will be updated soon.
Yesterday, i took the phone off the charger at 1:30 am and put it back in the charger at 8:30 pm with 19% battery left. The screen time was 25%. I used it moderately, checking email, notifications, games, etc. so I think that was pretty good. Battery life will very by the way you use it, of course.
I used Google wallet for the first time yesterday and it was very quick and easier to use than softcard.

Last edited:

rdalcanto

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I like it. Definitely big, even coming from a Note 2. Screen is plenty bright, and battery life seems good enough to last all day even with several hours of screen time. My brother's LG G 3 might be a little quicker since it doesn't deal with encryption, but I would say less lag in general than the Note 4.

gmermel

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Battery life is decent but not on par with the Note 4.....The speakers on the front are very loud which is one reason why I sent the Droid Turbo packing in exchange for the Nexus 6.
Not to hijack the thread, but how did the Turbo battery compare?

:eek:Yeah, I hijacked the thread

whtchdr

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Not to hijack the thread, but how did the Turbo battery compare?

:eek:Yeah, I hijacked the thread

The Turbos battery life was better but only slightly in my opinion. I'm sure the official numbers would weigh heavily in the Turbos favor due to the smaller screen and higher capacity battery, but both phones can make it though my typical day so I am happy with the N6 performance thus far. I think the trade off in battery life is worth it to gain a much larger screen.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

That's far from typical. I can do the same if I turn of sync, GPS, BT and drop the screen to 30% all on WiFi.

NerdTopper

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
That's far from typical. I can do the same if I turn of sync, GPS, BT and drop the screen to 30% all on WiFi.

True but do you honestly have to have Bluetooth, Location constantly on? And I find that 25%-30% screen brightness is more then enough when you are inside.

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I love my n6.
- Great design feel very good in hand.
- I switch from my iPhone 6 plus and I think n6 run very smooth ...I go to dev option and set all the animation to x.5 and the phone run very fast.
- Screen is not as bright if u compare to the note or iPhone 6 plus but still beautiful in my eyes.
- front speaker is loud and great for video watching.
- Battery is decent... I can last full day with no problem and turbo charger is good too..
- camera is behind the note and iPhone but get the job done..
- Lollipop is great and smooth..

Overall I like my N6 a lot...and hope u will too..

MrVeda

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Great feedback thanks! I thought battery would be fine - until reading these comments. My N5 is definitely not lasting beyond 4pm with moderate use. If I get the same results as nerdtopper, I'll be happy. Has anyone noticed if making calls takes a heavy toll on battery life? I'm one of those people that still makes calls throughout the day!

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm loving mine so far. The screen is beautiful. I'm getting good battery life. I just need a damn screen protector that actually fits the front of the phone.

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
True but do you honestly have to have Bluetooth, Location constantly on? And I find that 25%-30% screen brightness is more then enough when you are inside.

Ridiculous to disable those things, ever. Everything stays on, always, on my phone.

And battery life still fine.

Posted via the Android Central App