Sprint N6 delayed SMS

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing this issue? I reactivated the phone with their live chat which fixed it for 24hrs. Now Evey couple delay, and end up triple texting the recipient. Damn sprint. Hope its not the phone.

Posted via THE Nexus 6!

deltatko

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
This is an issue I've always had with Sprint. Going on 13 years with them and it's never changed.

Posted via Android Central App

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
This is an issue I've always had with Sprint. Going on 13 years with them and it's never changed.

Posted via Android Central App

15 years with Sprint in Atlanta and I've never had a problem with SMS. Maybe it's area specific. Where are you located?

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
15 years with Sprint in Atlanta and I've never had a problem with SMS. Maybe it's area specific. Where are you located?

I'm in MA just outside of Boston. I never had any issues with Sprint in this area since I started using them 6 years ago. This area hasn't been spark designated yet, so they could be upgrading towers, and thats why the 3G service is suffering. I have GREAT LTE coverage in the area, but SMS goes over 3G. Unless it is the N6 radio. I have reactived the phone once, and that seemed to fix it for about 24 hours. I can tell when it won't send, or send duplicates or even triplicates, it just says sending for about a minute then it goes through. Idk what it is. I disabled 1 messaging app, then the other, and kept switching back and fourth. I'm currently back to hangouts. Hopefuly this can be resolved.

StealthTH

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I've been with sprint for 5 years. Have had evo 4g, nexus s, galaxy nexus, note 2, nexus 5 and now nexus 6. I too have the same issue as the op with my 6. None of my previous phone have done this to my memory. I'm hoping it will be fixed with a software update as my friends have been getting frustrated these last few days.

Posted via the Android Central App

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I've been with sprint for 5 years. Have had evo 4g, nexus s, galaxy nexus, note 2, nexus 5 and now nexus 6. I too have the same issue as the op with my 6. None of my previous phone have done this to my memory. I'm hoping it will be fixed with a software update as my friends have been getting frustrated these last few days.

I started out with the Razr,then the EVO 4G, Palm Pre, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 5, and now the N6. This is the only phone that has had the delayed SMS issue. It got to the point where I was missing phone calls, SMS, and VM's. I really hope something can be done to fix this issue.

Deputy1

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm in Tampa. Did it the first day. Friday the 21st. Seems to have stopped doing it. I was with Sprint for ten plus years. Went with T Mobile in August. Back with Sprint because they had the Nexus 6 in stock. Still within the fourteen day return period. I'm wavering.

mrjeff#AC

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
OK - This is pretty bad, I've been testing it and have seen instances of the same message being sent probably over a dozen times. So far It seems to be happening whenever I'm connected to WiFI and I can't duplicate the issue on a non-spark phone. Using Google messenger or hangouts also doesn't seem to make a difference.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
OK - This is pretty bad, I've been testing it and have seen instances of the same message being sent probably over a dozen times. So far It seems to be happening whenever I'm connected to WiFI and I can't duplicate the issue on a non-spark phone. Using Google messenger or hangouts also doesn't seem to make a difference.

I thought it was messenger or hangouts too. So I disabled one, and still the same thing, messages in duplicate and even quad. Completely nuts.

Posted via THE Nexus 6!

StealthTH

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site

Agreed it is far worse with WiFi on. Still occasionally with it off but definitely easier to reproduce with WiFi on

off1c3r

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
This may be the same issue I'm having now and its driving me crazy. Let me know if any of this sounds familiar:

1. Stock Google Messenger app: No issue sending messages
2. Install a 2nd SMS App and set as default: 2-6 messages are sent for every one at random to the person you're texting.
3. Not installing the update for the stock Google Messenger (after a factory reset) and installing a new SMS app: Hit or miss. Sometimes no duplicate texts.
4. Uninstalling Google Messenger after you already installed another SMS app: Duplicate texts continue.
5. Uninstalling Hangouts and Google Messenger and only using your stock app after (assuming you installed it before removing the others): No Duplicates.
6. Re installing Hangouts: Duplicate Texts
7. Removing all Messaging apps and installing a third party (ChompSMS): No Duplicates.

Long story short.. you can't just update Google Messenger and have a 2nd SMS app even if Google Messenger is disabled. At one point I removed all third party SMS apps and I was using Google Messenger only. Duplicates never stopped. I called sprint. They did something on their end and I reset/reactivated and it worked all day. I either have to use the stock Google Messenger app without any other SMS apps, or clear cache, remove/disable the stock messenger, THEN install a third party. 80% of the issues seem to be when two are installed at the same time.

off1c3r

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Update: Found a fix. Set preferred network to 3G. All the issues stop.

1. If you set Preferred Network to 3G, and the phone connects to 3G once, whether you're on WiFi or 3G, the issue is gone.
2. If you set Preferred Network to LTE, and the phone connects to LTE once, whether you're on WiFI or LTE, the issue remains.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Update: Found a fix. Set preferred network to 3G. All the issues stop.

1. If you set Preferred Network to 3G, and the phone connects to 3G once, whether you're on WiFi or 3G, the issue is gone.
2. If you set Preferred Network to LTE, and the phone connects to LTE once, whether you're on WiFI or LTE, the issue remains.

But I want LTE....... 3G is too slow

Posted via THE Nexus 6!

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My wife has the HTC One M8 on Sprint and I get delayed text from her all the time... She will say she sent me a text and even show me that she sent it to me and later on it comes through... Yesterday I was at the store and I got 3 identical text from her and she said that her phone kept saying "Text not sent" and she kept hitting resend and instead it seems like it went through each time she hit resend... even though her phone was saying not sent....

It's worse if she tries to text a picture of any kind..... I might get it 2 hours later.....