Anybody on Verizon know if you can add carrier insurance through Asurion?

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I tested the phone on Verizon briefly, but I'll be using the N6 primarily with Tmobile for the time being. My Verizon line currently has Moto X Developer Edition and I never added insurance simply because Asurion would've replaced it with a non-developer edition.

I know that Asurion probably has zero for Nexus 6 replacement stock. Since it is so new, I am sure any claim would time take time to be filled.

Has anyone that is currently using the N6 as their primary device on Verizon Wireless tried to add insurance?

When I have gotten it, I always get the basic damage/theft one for $5.18 per month with a $99 deductible. The Note 4, a comparable device, can be covered under this plan.

I just add insurance through TMobile for my own piece of mind. They charge $8 per month with a deductible of $175....and use a different insurer.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The last phones I bought were from Best Buy (better price and better insurance at the time). They had to replace the phone - it took about a week because there were no refurbs so they had to authorize giving me a new one (and they make dead snails look fast). Asurion would probably do the same thing if a claim were made when the phone was still new - replace it with a new one. (That's just a logical assumption, not experience. The only time I had to use Asurion, the phone was out there long enough for them to have refurbs.)

edgefever

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
If they don't have the phone , I don't see how they can replace it.
I still have on my line ,have to figure it out soon .

ericinaz

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I called them Friday and was told that since Verizon shows the device as a "non Verizon device" then they can not replace it. When Verizon starts selling the Nexus 6 they would have to update our devices in their system to show as a Nexus 6. But even then we would get a branded Nexus 6 with a carrier partition. As a side not my insurance carried over from my droid turbo but she says you can not add non Verizon devices so add insurance before you swap the Sim card.

Posted via the Android Central App

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I called them Friday and was told that since Verizon shows the device as a "non Verizon device" then they can not replace it. When Verizon starts selling the Nexus 6 they would have to update our devices in their system to show as a Nexus 6. But even then we would get a branded Nexus 6 with a carrier partition. As a side not my insurance carried over from my droid turbo but she says you can not add non Verizon devices so add insurance before you swap the Sim card.

Posted via the Android Central App

Thanks for the info. My current device is a Moto X 2013 Developer Edition, so I didn't think there was any point to adding insurance, since Asurion would've simply offered to send me a current 2013 with a locked bootloader.

However, assuming, like you, that you were showing insurance on the line previously, I would even be curious to know if Asurion would honor the claim since it is a non-Verizon device. I wouldn't want to pay money and then have a claim rejected.

Getting a replacement, even if it had a carrier partition, wouldn't be too bad, assuming the bootloader is still unlocked, which it probably would be. Of course, it would probably also have a Verizon logo, but I could deal with that.

Currently, my TMobile version is logo free, and I am assuming it has a TMobile carrier partition. The one piece of "bloat" is the TMobile account app, but I could easily remove it, and will if I ever put ths on my Verizon account full time.

At least with my current $8 per month/$175 deductible through TMO, I know it's covered. I just wish my case would hurry up and ship from Amazon. I don't like using this phone naked, but I don't want to be without it over the holiday weekend---just like a new toy with free time to play with it.

NBAJ2K

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info. My current device is a Moto X 2013 Developer Edition, so I didn't think there was any point to adding insurance, since Asurion would've simply offered to send me a current 2013 with a locked bootloader.

However, assuming, like you, that you were showing insurance on the line previously, I would even be curious to know if Asurion would honor the claim since it is a non-Verizon device. I wouldn't want to pay money and then have a claim rejected.

Getting a replacement, even if it had a carrier partition, wouldn't be too bad, assuming the bootloader is still unlocked, which it probably would be. Of course, it would probably also have a Verizon logo, but I could deal with that.

Currently, my TMobile version is logo free, and I am assuming it has a TMobile carrier partition. The one piece of "bloat" is the TMobile account app, but I could easily remove it, and will if I ever put ths on my Verizon account full time.

At least with my current $8 per month/$175 deductible through TMO, I know it's covered. I just wish my case would hurry up and ship from Amazon. I don't like using this phone naked, but I don't want to be without it over the holiday weekend---just like a new toy with free time to play with it.

I currently have the Galaxy S6 in Verizon with insurance, am buying the Nexus 6P. Since this will be a non Verizon device and I don't believe Verizon will be selling the 6P, is there any advantage to keeping insurance or is it a waste of money. I tried to contact asurion but they told me to talk to Verizon. I'm sure Verizon will say it's not supported. Anyone happen to know how this would work?

Thanks in advance!

-J