Google Nexus 6 STILL delayed SMS

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Seriously I may have to go back to my N5, this is just getting out of hand. I thought after a week it evened out, but nope now to get most SMS out, I have to airplane mode the phone, otherwise they sit there 'sending' and just fail after a minute or two. The radio is this phone is garbage!

Posted via THE Nexus 6!

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: STILL delayed SMS

Which carrier?

Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band Nexus 6.

Sprint. It was like this the first 2 days I had the phone. Maybe 2 out of 10 SMS would just send normal while the others failed, or sent in triplicate. Then after that it evened out and was fine, until today. I've had this phone for 1 week and 1 day. Its getting bad, to the point where I have to airplane mode the phone every 6/10 SMS I send. My N5 NEVER did this. Idk if its just sprint or the phone, but its getting very frustrating.

Posted via THE Nexus 6!

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Seriously I may have to go back to my N5, this is just getting out of hand. I thought after a week it evened out, but nope now to get most SMS out, I have to airplane mode the phone, otherwise they sit there 'sending' and just fail after a minute or two. The radio is this phone is garbage!

Posted via THE Nexus 6!

Are you truly sending an SMS or is it actually an MMS - it's not always easy to tell with current apps which somewhat seamlessly switch between.

If your difficulty involves MMS, then it is possible that your APN is misconfigured.

What app are you using to send messages?

Posted via the Android Central App

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Are you truly sending an SMS or is it actually an MMS - it's not always easy to tell with current apps which somewhat seamlessly switch between.

If your difficulty involves MMS, then it is possible that your APN is misconfigured.

What app are you using to send messages?

Using hangouts like I always did. It says SMS in the corner. I know MMS take longer to send. I have hands free activated the phone 3 times now. Still no effect

Posted via THE Nexus 6!

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site

Using hangouts like I always did. It says SMS in the corner. I know MMS take longer to send. I have hands free activated the phone 3 times now. Still no effect

Posted via THE Nexus 6!

Hey is this a Sprint Nexus 6 or did you get it from Motorola or Google Play or somewhere else. I ask because I got my Nexus 5 from Google and was having similar issues until I took it to AT&T and had them activate it in the store and added the IMEI info into their account.

Hope that helps.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Hey is this a Sprint Nexus 6 or did you get it from Motorola or Google Play or somewhere else. I ask because I got my Nexus 5 from Google and was having similar issues until I took it to AT&T and had them activate it in the store and added the IMEI info into their account.

Hope that helps.

Got it straight from the source, Google. Maybe the phone is defective. I've been poking around the internet, and in Europe they suspended the L rollout because of a SMS bug about 4 or 5 days ago. Don't know if its been resolved, it effects the N4, N5, and the N6. Maybe that is the issue.

Posted via THE Nexus 6!

StealthTH

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site

I'm on sprint, gave same issue
I'm hoping for a fix sooner as well. There was a thread on this issue last week. No solution but I find it happens less with WiFi off.

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

Try deleting all the APN's that are not the one that's for your Sprint service. Maybe the phone is trying to connect to those APNs and delaying sending the SMS.

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site

Enable Google voice integration and send them over the IP data connection with hangouts. This is a viable work around.

Otherwise, I recall you having several other issues, I think you need a new phone and a fresh start. Seems there would be more posts if this was widespread.

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

I've dealt with this a solid three or four times in the last week. I'm also on Sprint

You are not alone.

JDGAFFLIN

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

Interesting. I got mine from Sprint. While I'm not having that issue, my texts to others always seem to get sent twice.

Posted with my Nexus 6!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy