My at&t Experience / Moto purchased N6

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I purchased the 32 gb white from moto...was one of the 12/2 deliveries that arrived early. I needed a nano sim as i have been using a G3.

Rep was great..told me they have sold several. I decided to have him scan the imei # on the box and then I turned the N6 on for the first time with the new sim to see how att's network registration would affect things. Also..rep showed me on his ipad that the phone shows up in the att system as moto 6 (or smt like that).

Nothing! I was expecting a few carrier apps to install...or at least the myatt app..but non at all. I didn't turn it on to sign in w google to set up before installing the sim like I have read to avoid carrier bloat. Knew I could simply uninstall vs disabling. I discussed this w my rep who showed me the store demo did not have any att apps either. In fact, they didn't even download any...just left things alone.

Not sure if this has happened to anyone else but I figured I'd let some of you know that in the same spot.

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the report. It will be interesting to see if others will chime in with their experiences. I hope theirs will be as good as yours.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I was at the AT&T store a few days ago checking out the Nexus 6 Demo and I looked like plain android to me. I didn't see any carrier apps at all. Other than the demo software they put on All demo AT&T phones.
I kept reading complaints from people on AC about carrier bloat, which confused me when I was looking at the Nexus 6 in store because I was thinking "What bloat are people talking about" .... "what bloat"?

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
My AT&T store hit me up for 25 bucks (to be tacked onto my next bill) to move my account from micro to nano sim. I guess cuz I didn't already have a nano. :-/

AC App
Nexus 6

dkeven

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
what a crock, I stopped into AT&T corporate store and they gave me nano-sim (after a little prompting) to install when nexus arrives which it did day before Thanksgiving. No charge. non corp store will usually ding you though.

pete1118

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
Went to a corporate store and they gave me a nano no question asked when I said it was for a Moto Nexus 6. I had a bit of a problem getting the phone registered but this turned out to being a new account, very knowledgeable phone rep was able to deal with it quickly. Very happy so far with AT&T

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
My AT&T store hit me up for 25 bucks (to be tacked onto my next bill) to move my account from micro to nano sim. I guess cuz I didn't already have a nano. :-/

AC App
Nexus 6

that is ridiculous! they do not charge for that! I manage phones for my co and I deal w att and verizon all the time....sometimes t mobile...and they have never been charged. even by verizon which can be tougher.

do this...wait for your next bill to show then call customer service (611 fr your ph) and be nice...tell them you notice an error on your bill. all u did was recieve a sim to use their service in your ph. tell the reps ppl do that all the time because some phones take diff sims. tell them the rep said it was no big deal. be nice and they will remove the charge.

I've done this for other things and they always take care of it.

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I've walked into an AT&Tv store before without a phone and have been given a SIM card.

My switch was easy, bought the Nexus 6 from Motorola, put in my SIM when the N6 arrived, turned it on and started using it.

Smooth as I expected it too be. LTE and messaging worked fine from the get go.

Posted via my Nexus 6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith