You can play YouTube videos in the background

lildj0809

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
It's not Nexus- or Lollipop-specific; you just need the latest version of YouTube.

You can only do this if you have a Google Play Music All Access subscription, or are part of the YouTube Music Key beta.

https://www.youtube.com/musickey

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/11/2...ive-includes-offline-and-background-playback/

Posted via the Android Central App

Ahhh, so getting the 6 months of Play Music for free when I got my Nexus is what enabled that?

I've never used Play Music before, and definitely didn't plan on it after this 6 months. But I've really been enjoying it this far. $99 for a year may not be that bad. Cheaper than Netflix lol.

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Ahhh, so getting the 6 months of Play Music for free when I got my Nexus is what enabled that?

I've never used Play Music before, and definitely didn't plan on it after this 6 months. But I've really been enjoying it this far. $99 for a year may not be that bad. Cheaper than Netflix lol.

Yes. It's an awesome service and I've been using it ever since they initially released it. Unlimited music with skipping and scannig, phone caching, auto-syncing playlists. I love it.

Marc Ladegourdie

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
:O really ?? dude could you please tell me how to do that ? i've been searching everywhere but havent find anything related to this
Everytime i close my youtube well it stops playing...

Marcus233

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
There are apps you can download to do this really easily and for free. Check out Wiper Messenger app. You can stream YouTube music and videos free. They play in background while you use other apps or lock ur phone. You can make playlists to.

Max Keefe

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
There are apps you can download to do this really easily and for free. Check out Wiper Messenger app. You can stream YouTube music and videos free. They play in background while you use other apps or lock ur phone. You can make playlists to.

Audio Pocket is working for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer