Randomly Shutting itself off

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey there to all, just curious to know if anyone else is having this issue or an issue similar.

Does anyone's phone just randomly shut itself off?? Its happened to me a few times now and its starting to concern me, usually it happens right after I set my phone down after using it. I have no idea what it could be.

Any suggestions??

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have heard of some version of Lollipop having memory leaks, but not on the Nexus 6. Have you tried a reset?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I have heard of some version of Lollipop having memory leaks
So they're picking up programmers off the streets these days? In my time a released memory leak and a pink slip were about the same thing. (If you were lucky, they'd let you open the door when you left.)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So they're picking up programmers off the streets these days? In my time a released memory leak and a pink slip were about the same thing. (If you were lucky, they'd let you open the door when you left.)

Lol...now I have the scene in Beverly Hill Cop where Eddie Murphy was thrown out the window...:)

Seriously, what I posted is what I have heard (and not even here...I think it was Reddit, so a near horrible source for solid info). My Nexus 5 on Lollipop doesn't do this.

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I haven't tried a reset yet. I'll do that if it happens again. I'm n the process of trying to troubleshoot my apps right now.

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
Random reboots at least once a day here. Powers off for about 30 seconds then reboots. Happens when screen is dark and then I hit power button to wake up.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Funny I just checked the forum because my Nexus 6 somehow turned itself off. I have 71% battery and now sure how or why it shut off.

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Glad to hear that people are having the same issue. Thought it may have been a faulty device.

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
This happen only with the n6 from google/Motorola? Because I had at&t n6 for 3 weeks and never had any random reboot at all..

kayfaei

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
This happen only with the n6 from google/Motorola? Because I had at&t n6 for 3 weeks and never had any random reboot at all..

Nope there is a thread full of AT&T users (including myself) labeled as Random reboots and we are all having the same issue. luckily, mine only happens about once a week sometimes not even that

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I am also having random reboots. Running stock no unlocked bootloader or root. Unlocked version purchased from google play store on tmo network