Randomly Shutting itself off

Dylan Gorski

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Mine hasn't been shutting off after all. The screen just won't come back on. It went blank and unresponsive while on a phone call yesterday. The call continued but I couldn't get the screen to come on at all until I rebooted it by holding down the power button. I'm not sure what's causing this but it happens to me at least once a day.

Posted via the Android Central App

rdalcanto

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I've had my phone a few weeks, and now mine has started doing random restarts too. I look at my Android wear watch and it says it isn't connected. I look at my phone and it is rebooting. Don't know if it is the 5.01 update? This sucks.

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
I've had my phone a few weeks, and now mine has started doing random restarts too. I look at my Android wear watch and it says it isn't connected. I look at my phone and it is rebooting. Don't know if it is the 5.01 update? This sucks.

Mine stopped since 5.0.1 so all good here.

Dylan Gorski

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Mine has continued since 5.0.1. I hope they roll out a fix for this soon. Glad to hear some have had there phones stop doing this after the update!

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
It's great for those of you who aren't having problems now, but it sounds like there are plenty of people who still are having difficulty. Have you continued to follow the Google thread on this subject (below). Even if your issue is solved, you might have information that would help figure this out.

https://productforums.google.com/fo...c/nexus/other-discussions/nexus-6/9aVUBrwdUZU

Here's a comment from that site:

Stock google kernel is defective. And google has done nothing to fix it as to this date... If you look into their bootloader and kernel you can see and find the stability issues with their latest kernel.

Dubbayoo

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I was walking in the house with phone in hand the other day. I happened to look down and see the phone rebooting. I also noticed I had my finger firmly on the power button, so for me personally, my reboots were clearly self inflicted.

Dubbayoo

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
It's great for those of you who aren't having problems now, but it sounds like there are plenty of people who still are having difficulty. Have you continued to follow the Google thread on this subject (below). Even if your issue is solved, you might have information that would help figure this out.

https://productforums.google.com/fo...c/nexus/other-discussions/nexus-6/9aVUBrwdUZU

Here's a comment from that site:

Stock google kernel is defective. And google has done nothing to fix it as to this date... If you look into their bootloader and kernel you can see and find the stability issues with their latest kernel.
Just because they haven't fixed it doesn't mean they've done nothing to fix it. It just means they haven't found a fix.

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I never saw this issue for the first 1.5 months I've had this phone. Suddenly it's turned itself off twice in about the past week.

AC App
Nexus 6

shawnw747

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
I bought the Nexus 6 Motorola not even a week ago and it keeps shutting off when I'm in my messages or camera actually on any app. I already factory reset it 3 times and still keeps happening. I don't wanna sell it cause it's a nice phone an all but this can't keep happening. Any suggestions ?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Nexus 6 Motorola not even a week ago and it keeps shutting off when I'm in my messages or camera actually on any app. I already factory reset it 3 times and still keeps happening. I don't wanna sell it cause it's a nice phone an all but this can't keep happening. Any suggestions ?
Is it new or used?

If it's new it should have a warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781