Turbo v Nexus 6: Lollipop 5.01 and Battery?

gmermel

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Edit: I have no idea what happened to my title.....Was supposed to refer to Lollipop and battery life pending the 5.01 update......:confused:

Got mine Friday. I'm comparing it to the Droid Turbo, which is due to be returned by next Friday.

The only reason I would go with the Turbo is battery life. I worked at murdering it, and got SOT of 6 hours on my first 3 charges, and 24 + hours per charge. Word is it gets better over the first week or 2, and that's without whatever advantage 5.0 brings. Would still need my tablet to travel, though, because the screen's too small to use as my only device. The design is "OK". I liked it fine until the N6 showed up. But it sits heavier in my pocket than the N, probably because its mass is concentrated, and it doesn't fit my hand nearly as well because its thicker and the back is less rounded.

The N6 is battery is doing fairly well. First 2 charges got me to 4.5-5 SOT though the battery life is in the 15-18 hour range. That will work for me day to day, but not good enough for me travel without my tablet which was my hope.. The shape makes it feel perfectly comfortable in my hand. I never even thought of using a phone one-handed until everyone brought it up with all the phablets, so that is not an issue.

What will seal the deal in favor of the Nexus is if the 5.0 upgrade that's rolling out might address the battery life, making a very good experience even better. The Moto X review build had reports of a 30% increase in battery life, but on official release the battery performed worse than with KitKat.

Waddaya think? Might the N6 last longer when they update the software?

Last edited:

Kathiravan Jlr

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I too have the same problem.I'm currently using moto g turbo when i upgraded it to marshmallow it started to show some battery issues.The battery drains very faster...I'm waiting for the solution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20