Is there a way to compare the the Nexus and the LG G3 cameras?

andre2p

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Comparing the LG G3 camera

I am very interested in the Nexus. I used to have the Galaxy Nexus and loved it. I prefer the pure Google experience. My biggest concern is the camera. I can live with the battery life, but camera is very important to me. Has anybody here had a chance to compare the two cameras? I think the LG G3 camera is good and very fast. Thanks.

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I just came from the G3. The camera on the N6 is ok but doesn't quite live up imo, especially in low light. It is pretty fast though.

AC App
Nexus 6

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Comparing the LG G3 camera

I am very interested in the Nexus. I used to have the Galaxy Nexus and loved it. I prefer the pure Google experience. My biggest concern is the camera. I can live with the battery life, but camera is very important to me. Has anybody here had a chance to compare the two cameras? I think the LG G3 camera is good and very fast. Thanks.

Here's the thing about camera comparisons... It's largely subjective as to what is more important in the result. One camera might have truer color capture, another finer detail, another less graininess, another better low-light performance, and yet another better zoom. Both of these reportedly have exceptional cameras.

Do you currently have the LG G3, or is your current impression based on what you've seen in reviews? If you're not using it now, and suspect either would be an improvement, look at it like this... Whichever you might select, you won't spend the rest of your ownership having someone who bought the other taking pictures alongside you of everything you choose to photograph, and then showing you the results for comparison. Much like going into a Best Buy and looking at several different 50" HDTV"s to replace your aging 42" SDTV, you might see some differences there, but whichever set you get, when you get it home, will be light years better than what you had. I would suggest that you would be very, very pleased with either handset.

andre2p

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

I have the G3 and really like the camera. The problem is I am lusting for the Nexus pure experience ...

cellomj

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site

If the camera is your #1 priority, I'd stick with the g3. The Nexus 6 has a decent camera maybe on par with 2012 flagships, but not in the top class like g3, Sony Z3 and Samsung Galaxy series flagships.

t1328

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site

I have the G3 and really like the camera. The problem is I am lusting for the Nexus pure experience ...

I switched from the G3 to the Nexus 6 and so far I haven't noticed a marked difference in camera. Both are pretty good. I miss some of the customizations that the LG offered, but the speed, screen size and native Lollipop experience is very nice.

Posted via the Android Central App

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

If the camera is your #1 priority, I'd stick with the g3. The Nexus 6 has a decent camera maybe on par with 2012 flagships, but not in the top class like g3, Sony Z3 and Samsung Galaxy series flagships.

Do you actually have the Nexus 6? Do a little research before you go making idiotic statement like this! See this very high end review for yourself. No, the nexus 6 does not purport to be at the iPhone 6 plus level, but based on scores, it's only 4 points off of the 2014 highest ranked phone out this year. It falls right behind the Note 4. See here for yourself:
http://m.connect.dpreview.com/post/0959244423/google-nexus-6-dxomark-mobile-report

cellomj

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site

Do you actually have the Nexus 6? Do a little research before you go making idiotic statement like this! See this very high end review for yourself. No, the nexus 6 does not purport to be at the iPhone 6 plus level, but based on scores, it's only 4 points off of the 2014 highest ranked phone out this year. It falls right behind the Note 4. See here for yourself:
http://m.connect.dpreview.com/post/0959244423/google-nexus-6-dxomark-mobile-report

Hi ChillyWill,

actually I do have both the nexus 6 and the G3. I got the G3 a couple of months ago and have had the nexus 6 for a week. I've done some of my own camera comparisons and found the G3 to be noticeably better at capturing detail and the shots seem brighter as well. I guess I should have qualified that I had, in fact, used both phones.
So, I stand by that - if camera is the OP's #1 priority, go for the G3. If you want a nice big screen and stock Android, or go for the Nexus 6. The camera is still nice, just not as great as the G3s.

bbhybridchris

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site

I have a G3 as well as an iPhone 6 that I was using prior to my N6. Agree with a bunch of the comments here. If your looking for the perfect camera that's going to depend on preference. In good lighting I've gotten some really really good shots out of my N6. In poorer lighting conditions it probably the 3rd place runner out of those phones. It's a great phone and the camera while not the best of the pack is much closer in quality compared to prior Nexii which were always lagging behind. I've attached some shots I have taken with the N6.

Attachments

• lh4.googleusercontent.jpg
    lh4.googleusercontent.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 28
    35.8 KB · Views: 28
    39.3 KB · Views: 28