Midnight Blue or Cloud White?

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
i have the white 64gb in the clear UAG case. I love the white. It looks so stinkin' good. I could eat it. The uag case is nice, too. solid and well built.

Cincybearcatfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Had both. Initially bought the 32GB Cloud White and returned it when I thought I'd keep the Note 4. Then sold the Note 4 and went back and wanted 64GB and all that was available was the Midnight Blue. Neither really show fingerprints more than the other.

Truly it made no difference this time because I was going to cover it with dbrand and a case anyway. So the silver vs blue tinged side and back are all covered up. I did get a clear case though so that the dbrand cover will show through.

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Had both. Initially bought the 32GB Cloud White and returned it when I thought I'd keep the Note 4. Then sold the Note 4 and went back and wanted 64GB and all that was available was the Midnight Blue. Neither really show fingerprints more than the other.

Truly it made no difference this time because I was going to cover it with dbrand and a case anyway. So the silver vs blue tinged side and back are all covered up. I did get a clear case though so that the dbrand cover will show through.
There are times I wonder if I would have looked the Note 4 better. Why did you switch back?

bgapfire

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
There are times I wonder if I would have looked the Note 4 better. Why did you switch back?

I've had the Note 4 since October and the Nexus 6 in early December. I still have a hard time using one phone! Aarrgghh... I use the Nexus 6 for a couple of days and I have to switch to the Note 4. Use the Note 4 for a few days and switch back to the Nexus 6. It sucks. I really enjoy both phones and I want to use one. I don't know if I can do it. I like to keep 2 phones to have one as a backup. In this case, I am just interchanging the phones a few times a week. Both phones are great and you can't go wrong with either one. I find I switch to the Note when the 6 becomes unwieldy when in the car. I'm not texting and driving- just picking it up to answer or dialing a number at a stop light. It also is uncomfortable when in a grocery store checking off my grocery list from the phone. I know, I know... these are minor issues but this is when I notice I switch up. I get tired of the Note because it doesn't have Lollipop. LOL.

Cincybearcatfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

I ordered the N6 and it was taking forever to come so I ordered the Note 4 while I waited. I ended up sending my first N6 back because it felt wide in my hands than the Note 4 and my fear was that VZW would blacklist it if I kept it. Also the colors and camera were better on the Note.

I regretted my decision within the week. The cumbersome OS that is Touchwiz is so laggy that it was unbearable. I've commented on it enough in other posts but it was awful. So I did it on eBay, to a hit but it was worth it. Bought a 64GB Midnight Blue N6 and haven't regretted it one bit.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I wish it came in black or red as well

If you're very deliberate and careful in applying them, dbrand skins will look OEM, and can include (or not, at your preference) precision cutouts for the Nexus and/or Motorola logos. Just note that with these being so exact in their cut, it can take a little time and effort to get it to fit just perfectly, but it's definitely doable (and it's not a cheap skin that you only get one shot at applying before it stretches/tears).

Capture.JPGCapture.JPG

That's the black and red as with the Cloud White model; with Midnight Blue, the difference would be the pale blue trim on the sides and a midnight blue background to the Motorola logo.

Edit - There's also both black and red carbon fiber - I used the black cf, which looks amazing, and gives a bit more of a textured grip

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
If you're very deliberate and careful in applying them, dbrand skins will look OEM, and can include (or not, at your preference) precision cutouts for the Nexus and/or Motorola logos. Just note that with these being so exact in their cut, it can take a little time and effort to get it to fit just perfectly, but it's definitely doable (and it's not a cheap skin that you only get one shot at applying before it stretches/tears).

View attachment 159156View attachment 159157

That's the black and red as with the Cloud White model; with Midnight Blue, the difference would be the pale blue trim on the sides and a midnight blue background to the Motorola logo.

Edit - There's also both black and red carbon fiber - I used the black cf, which looks amazing, and gives a bit more of a textured grip

Those look really nice, actually, especially with the lighter trim of the CW. I'm not usually a fan of red, but it works. I hope they continue to add more colors.

Edit: I checked out the site, and I actually like a few of the finishes. The black carbon fiber, the matte colors and the wood finishes appeal.

Posted via the Android Central App

Cincybearcatfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

View attachment 159156View attachment 159157

Those look really nice, actually, especially with the lighter trim of the CW. I'm not usually a fan of red, but it works. I hope they continue to add more colors.

Edit: I checked out the site, and I actually like a few of the finishes. The black carbon fiber, the matte colors and the wood finishes appeal.

Posted via the Android Central App

I got the black carbon fiber and installed it on my N6 on the first try. I was REALLY skeptical about being able to do it and not waste $13 ($10 for cover and $3 shipping). However, I watched the video and it was MUCH easier than I thought it would be. I got the full Nexus but no accents on my Midnight Blue Nexus. Now with a clear case the phone looks like a bigger Droid Maxx without the chin. I really like the way it looks.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
The black carbon fiber, the matte colors and the wood finishes appeal.

My only hesitation on the wood is that I can't ever recall seeing vinyl crafted to truly look like wood at anything but a substantial distance, and never to feel like it. I'm still waiting to see what Carved comes out with down the road, but for now love the carbon fiber.

I got the black carbon fiber and installed it on my N6 on the first try.

You must have much steadier hands than mine! It took me a few tries - if you're just a fraction of a millimeter off, it'll show on the NEXUS cutout. But I will throw this out there as a tip for folks in the future... Line up the tiny hold towards the bottom, first. If you have that on target, you'll know you've got it centered just right, and then it's just a light 'pivot' to get the rest perfect.

gmermel

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
If you're very deliberate and careful in applying them, dbrand skins will look OEM

I got the "black leather", not because I wanted coverage but because of how slick the N finish is. Turns out that it didn't offer much more grip and I've taken it off.

I was, though, very impressed with the quality of the skin. The fit was perfect, including the cutouts. And the finish was a match for natural leather, grain and all.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I got the "black leather", not because I wanted coverage but because of how slick the N finish is. Turns out that it didn't offer much more grip and I've taken it off.

I was, though, very impressed with the quality of the skin. The fit was perfect, including the cutouts. And the finish was a match for natural leather, grain and all.

I'd never used skins in the past as any others I'd seen applied, while some looked pretty good, still were visibly an afterthought. I only tried the dbrand skin after seeing some pictures by actual users (not 'glamour shots' by the OEM) wherein the skin looked like an original part of the phone.

If you have an opportunity, could you throw up a picture showing your results?

gmermel

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
If you have an opportunity, could you throw up a picture showing your results?

The good news: It comes off easily, leaving no glue residue, and you can pull it off and re-apply it a couple of times if you don't get it just right. The fit is so good that if you are the slightest bit off along one edge it will have perfect mirror image fit on the other side. I cannot emphasize how impressed I was with the fit. If it had been a little tackier I would been happy to keep it.

The bad news: After a few days I decided I liked the feel of the naked phone. While it came off easily and fully intact, I tossed it out. No pics for you, unfortunately, but if you'll trust me, it fit the phone, and looked the part, of OEM.

I say it's worth the $10 to give it a try yourself.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1