What are the "default" apps on the Google Nexus 6?

anthonyvardiz

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
As someone who was never really much into tech and recently started immersing myself in it, I decided that my first upgrade in two years would be a Nexus 6. Much of this was due to the beauty of Material Design as well as the desire to see what Stock Android is like since I tend to use a lot of Google services.

However, I was curious about which apps come pre-installed on the Nexus 6. I saw a post regarding the Nexus 4 and I have the same curiosity as the person who asked that question. I can't link it since I don't have enough points (I just recently made an account), but his original query is below.

I'm looking for a list of every application preinstalled on the Nexus 4. I would prefer no "I think"s, as I'm looking for solid information. A quick search (both Google and AC forums) turned up nothing.

I've never owned a Nexus device, being somewhat restricted as a Verizon customer. I'm curious what apps Google considers the backbone of the Android OS. I'd also like to compare with the basic application package of my preferred ROM (CM) after gapps are installed. I don't have a solid reason other than simple curiosity.

Edit: P.S. I haven't been on these forums for a while. The info tips are pretty nifty (ie: apps, CM), though there isn't one for gapps? :/

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I assume you're referring to default apps in the app drawer in the stock Nexus. All of these are from Google itself and came preinstalled on an unlocked Nexus 6 from the Google Play store.

Calculator
Calendar
Camera
Chrome
Clock
Contacts
Docs
Downloads
Drive
Earth
Email
Fit