5.0.1 for Nexus 6?

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
To add more detail to my post, I would say when the phone is in use, the battery usage is the same as before. However, when dormant, it uses almost no battery. Seems the background processes have been made more efficient. Overall, this seems to be leading to longer life.

Posted via the Android Central App

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Same here.
I let it sit for a couple of hours and then when I look, it says there is like 46 hours of battery left.
Looking good.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band Nexus 6.

Fuzzy761210

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
last night I sat for 4 hours trying to sideload ota 5.0.1 and I finally gave up. This morning I thought my active display wasn't working properly, thinking all my attempts yesterday might of made something glitch, I decided to just erase and restore my nexus.

I removed my sim card and started the restore process, after the phone restarted and I entered the wifi password, I got a prompt to update to 5.0.1.

So, this might be something for someone to try if they haven't got the actual OTA of 5.0.1
-First try to manually check for the update
-Then remove your sim card, try again, try rebooting, recheck manually.
-with sim card removed, erase and restore.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
That was nearly two weeks ago for me, same thing. The update never came back.

Mine came back again today after a reboot, downloaded then went to the screen telling me my system was up to date. Something is whacked. I'm going to try a FDR.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I removed my sim card and started the restore process, after the phone restarted and I entered the wifi password, I got a prompt to update to 5.0.1.

So, this might be something for someone to try if they haven't got the actual OTA of 5.0.1
-First try to manually check for the update
-Then remove your sim card, try again, try rebooting, recheck manually.
-with sim card removed, erase and restore.

This worked for me. Turned off the phone, removed SIM, restarted and the updated downloaded and installed.

Sullie714

May 9, 2014
Visit site
So let me get this right, 1st Turn off the phone, 2nd remove the SIM, 3rd restart the phone - update downloaded, 4th install update and finally re-insert SIM card? is that the correct order of things?

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
So let me get this right, 1st Turn off the phone, 2nd remove the SIM, 3rd restart the phone - update downloaded, 4th install update and finally re-insert SIM card? is that the correct order of things?

That's how I did it. I popped the Sim card in while it was updating.

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Jeeze I still can't pull the darn update

Lol nevermind. As soon as I said that, it popped up after doing the steps you all laid out. Just took a couple of minutes after the boot.

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
The battery life is definitely better than before post-5.0.1. Whether it be background changes, efficiency adjustments, etc, it's great.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The battery life is definitely better than before post-5.0.1. Whether it be background changes, efficiency adjustments, etc, it's great.

I'm seeing pretty much the same battery life.. I've actually not noticed anything different.. first day I couldn't get LTE for about six hours but since it's back to how it was on 5.0...

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
have you tried power down, remove sim card, power on the phone back on? some phones it comes right away some say it happens in a couple minutes

I don't get this. When the phone is off, removing the SIM and replacing should do nothing. The SIM is inactive when the phone is off, no?