Nexus 6: audio goes from quiet to loud

Anthony Srdar

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
is it possible to get rid of it? I get some crackling with some audio files I got from zedge when they're really low, it's lame! I would rather have it the audio I set it up, not the gradual quiet to loud thing it keeps trying to do for everything. Examples are when I try to use speaker phone, receive a text, or an alarm I have set.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I actually love the gradual volume increase behavior you're describing. Don't know how to disable it, sorry.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
It's horrible with speaker phone calls.

Posted via the Android Central App

I maybe asking an obvious question, but this can be fixed with a software update..right? I do not think it is hardware.

My job requires frequent conference calls and it is really bad. can take seconds to hear anything after I press the speaker icon.

Anthony Srdar

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
I maybe asking an obvious question, but this can be fixed with a software update..right? I do not think it is hardware.

My job requires frequent conference calls and it is really bad. can take seconds to hear anything after I press the speaker icon.

same, I hop on a webex call, flip to speaker .. 1...2...3... ayyy I can hear everyone. Yes it's software.

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
same, I hop on a webex call, flip to speaker .. 1...2...3... ayyy I can hear everyone. Yes it's software.

I know.... Me too... I start laughing as I miss a few seconds.
Tell you, I have a 6+ and the sound is so much better at this point....clear, solid..speaker instant. I've been putting my Sim in the 6+ for work then in the n6 when I want to play around.

Anthony Srdar

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
I know.... Me too... I start laughing as I miss a few seconds.
Tell you, I have a 6+ and the sound is so much better at this point....clear, solid..speaker instant. I've been putting my Sim in the 6+ for work then in the n6 when I want to play around.

ehh, I am done with IOS, had ios phones as my main since the original. Enjoying android a bit...I may go back to my nexus 5 though.

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
ehh, I am done with IOS, had ios phones as my main since the original. Enjoying android a bit...I may go back to my nexus 5 though.

I agree w you. I switched to and prefer android since the iph 4...6+ is the first iOS device since.

I only use the 6+ for phone calls and the camera. ph quality is superior imho...at least on att.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
It's horrible with speaker phone calls.

Horrible? Why does everything have to be so dramatic? The only place I've noticed increasing volume is when the phone is ringing. And some of us happen to like it. So, annoying maybe.... But HORRIBLE?

Anthony Srdar

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Horrible? Why does everything have to be so dramatic? The only place I've noticed increasing volume is when the phone is ringing. And some of us happen to like it. So, annoying maybe.... But HORRIBLE?

I would not say horrible, but it would be nice if you could disable it. It seems to be part of alarms, speaker (phone calls), and sometimes, at random, text messages are quiet then burst to loud. It's odd.

jxking

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
I know this is a year old thread, sorry for this late bump. But is there a solution to this problem???

My nexus 6 running stock 6.0.1 have this problem. But I can't find any settings for this within the phone system.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I know this is a year old thread, sorry for this late bump. But is there a solution to this problem???

My nexus 6 running stock 6.0.1 have this problem. But I can't find any settings for this within the phone system.

It's not a problem, it's a feature. Android has been like this for ages.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084