5.1 update coming q1 2015

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
From android pit.com

Our source has informed us that Android 5.1 will be launched by the end of February 2015, and a second, completely separate source that is also privy to important information regarding Android updates, confirmed it. Not only that, this is allegedly a rather large update with many interesting new features! See the changelog below:

Silent mode added after missing on Android 5.0
General improvements in system stability
Improved RAM management
Fixes for sudden app closures
Improved battery management
Excessive consumption of network devices when used Wi-Fi fixed
Issues with wireless connections fixed
Problems with Okay Google function solved
Notifications problems solved
Some sound problems experience by certain devices fixed
Other improvements and changes
Changes in the Material Design color palette (after users complaints, possibly for a higher version though)
So far there is no information about functions that it might bring, but we'll be sure to report on those as soon as we hear it.

Android 5.0 was a fantastic update, however it did bring its own list of issues, which we covered how to fix in our Android 5.0 Lollipop common problems and solutions article. That being said, Android 5.1 could get rid of many of the problems we saw here!

Android 6.0: let’s invent the ultimate Android OS
Android 5.0.1 Lollipop update: when will my device get it?

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Good info.
Hope we can get the LED notification officially activated.

Mav. :cool:

Yeah don't know why you can't turn the LED notification on... I ended up turning Ambient display off... I'd keep it on if it only came on when you received a notification and not every time you pick the device up or move it slightly....

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Good info. Thanks for sharing. But everyone needs to remember that a rumor will always be a rumor until officially announced. If February comes and goes without 5.1, no one has the right to get upset at Google over it.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah don't know why you can't turn the LED notification on... I ended up turning Ambient display off... I'd keep it on if it only came on when you received a notification and not every time you pick the device up or move it slightly....

Mine works as advertised, it only come on when I have a new notification. When I pick my device up at any other time it doesn't come on

Posted via the Android Central App

Just a Guy

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site

While I miss the way my droid maxx worked with notifications I kind of like the fact that I can "bump" my phone, or the table it's on during meetings to see if I have any notifications. Which is how I do the same with my n6. Once I get my smart watch for Christmas this will be a mute point though lol.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
While I miss the way my droid maxx worked with notifications I kind of like the fact that I can "bump" my phone, or the table it's on during meetings to see if I have any notifications. Which is how I do the same with my n6. Once I get my smart watch for Christmas this will be a mute point though lol.

I keep THINKING about a watch.. I have not worn one in probably 20+ years.... I liked when a notification hit and it would vibrate and light up real quick.. I thought that was awesome for meetings or at my desk... but at least with my phone it's SUPER sensitive... Just brush my desk with my knee and it would light up... :D

Just a Guy

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I keep THINKING about a watch.. I have not worn one in probably 20+ years.... I liked when a notification hit and it would vibrate and light up real quick.. I thought that was awesome for meetings or at my desk... but at least with my phone it's SUPER sensitive... Just brush my desk with my knee and it would light up... :D

I haven't wore a watch in years either, but have been thinking about a smart watch since the pebble came out. I got my wife the gear fit back in the summer when amazon had it for $100 on a one day deal and she loves it. With my job it will be nice to have when I'm in meetings or giving presentations. I was going to get the moto 360, but couldn't bring myself to spend $250 when I could get the lg g watch for $100.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I haven't wore a watch in years either, but have been thinking about a smart watch since the pebble came out. I got my wife the gear fit back in the summer when amazon had it for $100 on a one day deal and she loves it. With my job it will be nice to have when I'm in meetings or giving presentations. I was going to get the moto 360, but couldn't bring myself to spend $250 when I could get the lg g watch for $100.

I really like the 360.... I am just 99.999999999% sure I'll wear it a lot for a couple of weeks and then not any more....

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Just saw this rumor again in a new article.
Feb release, same list.

Silent mode added after missing on Android 5.0
General improvements in system stability
Improved RAM management
Fixes for sudden app closures
Improved battery management
Excessive consumption of network devices when used Wi-Fi fixed
Issues with wireless connections fixed
Problems with Okay Google function solved
Notifications problems solved
Some sound problems experience by certain devices fixed
Other improvements and changes
Changes in the Material Design color palette (after users complaints, possibly for a higher version though)

Hope it is true. The clock is ticking...

Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band Nexus 6.

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping for WiFi calling on that. Friggen home is ray shielded and no phone service works here until I exit my home.

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
Mine works as advertised, it only come on when I have a new notification. When I pick my device up at any other time it doesn't come on

When I pick up my device from bring face down, it always comes on. But I use BBM, which has a persistent notification.

I like it though. Easy to check the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair