horrible scroll lag

ShinAsurada

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I have erased my phone and have no apps other than the preinstalled ones installed. Only one google account synced.
This phone is horrible at rendering webpages and scrolling.

I have an s5 LTE-a that's smooth as silk even when the page is rendering I can scroll around smoothly and read the text. I use the same chrome browser on both phones.

On the nexus the scrolling is less stuttery only after the pictures and ads on the webpage has fully loaded otherwise it would skip everywhere when scrolling.

Anyone have the same issue?

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I have erased my phone and have no apps other than the preinstalled ones installed. Only one google account synced.
This phone is horrible at rendering webpages and scrolling.

I have an s5 LTE-a that's smooth as silk even when the page is rendering I can scroll around smoothly and read the text. I use the same chrome browser on both phones.

On the nexus the scrolling is less stuttery only after the pictures and ads on the webpage has fully loaded otherwise it would skip everywhere when scrolling.

Anyone have the same issue?

Nope!

Posted via the Android Central App

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
You're not testing with the Android Central site are you? That thing is so tarted up that I even have scrolling issues on a current model i7 Macbook Pro with 16GB of RAM.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

cozzy123

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Some web pages do that to chrome. I would try downloading one of the dozen other browser's on Google play until Google implements updates to chrome that they said will make chrome perform way better in the future.

Posted via Android Central App

ShinAsurada

May 2, 2013
Visit site
using wifi.
This happens to only the nexus 6.
Nexus 7 with 5.0.1 scrolls smoother than a baby's bottom. So do all my samsung phones. (S4 and S5 LTE-A).

Sullie714

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Dolphin for me is very Laggy to the point of being almost unusable. Scrolling is jerky and jumps up or down quickly in big chunks, it is not smooth. Chrome works well, Firefox seems to work best of the browsers I have tried.

ShinAsurada

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Not trying to troll here. I love the phone(standby for 3 days+! never had that on any android phone), but I use it for web browsing more than anything so this aspect cannot be comprimised...

Sullie714, dolphin was way worse as you mentioned. almost unusable.

Happens most right after the page starts loading and hasn't completely loaded.

Sullie714

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Yep, it is working much better on my phone now although it is still not perfect. I have the nexus 7 and 9 as well and Dolphin works good on those devices, I am happy to see it working better, it is my favorite mobile browser.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles