Nexus 6: Accessibility Services

gmermel

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I want to activate a password manager's proprietary keyboard. In order to do so, I have to enable accessibility for the app. When I go to the setting to turn it on, I get the dialog box asking that I either OK or cancel the permission. OK, however, is not a "live" option. The same thing is happening when I try to turn on the service for Tasker.

Advice?

RideAWalrus

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the exact same issue, I can't enable any of my accessibility options on the nexus 5 with Android 5.0.1, rooted but everything else stock. Have yet to find a solution, let me know if you get one.

Seth789

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
I solved the problem. I disabled an app that adjusts the brightness of my display, and then suddenly I was able to press on the OK button. I know it sounds ridiculous, but it's true and if you try it you'll see this for yourself. The point is to disable anything that's using the Lux app. In my case, it was an app called bluelight filter.

gmermel

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I got a replacement phone, and for whatever reason, both Tasker and the Keyboard accessibility toggles were live. I also use Lux, and the explanation might be that I went to authorize accessibility prior to setting Lux up.

I figured it was yet another glitch in the first phone, but I bet this is what was causing it......

budkow#AC

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
DUDE, THANK YOU!!!!! Sorry for the caps, but man I was literally about to pack my S6 up and return it. I had Lux enabled, and as soon as I disabled it I was able to turn on the services. Re-enabling it didn't turn off the services, so I'm all set. THANKS!!!

I solved the problem. I disabled an app that adjusts the brightness of my display, and then suddenly I was able to press on the OK button. I know it sounds ridiculous, but it's true and if you try it you'll see this for yourself. The point is to disable anything that's using the Lux app. In my case, it was an app called bluelight filter.

Dan Sommerfeld1

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Dude, I specifically signed up to this forum to say that you are a genius. For me specifically it was the Twilight App that was preventing accessibility services from being accessed. People keep mentioning Lux and I thought "well I dont have that so now what?". You solved the problem, they did not.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz