BerryBlack96

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone confirm if the nexus 6 has the same magnets/metal plates as the nexus 5? I know people were speculating before the release but never saw it confirmed.

Posted via the Android Central App

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
If you're referring to the magnets that allowed the Nexus 5 to attach to the wireless charging pad, I don't believe the Nexus 6 has those.

Turbod

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
It does not. I received my phone yesterday, and was disappointed when I laid it on the N5 charger last night. I've been playing with it this morning to find the sweet spot for charging, it appears to be in the lower third of the phone, but it's tricky with the curved back. I wish someone would build a simple plastic mold that I could put around the charger that would align the phone to the correct spot.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Uggs2014

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Kinda funny story. Just today I put my phone in my pocket and I kept hearing the phone chiming in my pocket and I couldn't figure out why, there were no notifications. After like 20 minutes of this I finally realized it was actually my magnetic work badge causing it.

Posted via the Android Central App

choclab1

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I believe it actually has a magnet, but its just not as powerful as the nexus 5. Slide it around on the U and X of nexus and you will feel it pull a bit.