Nexus 6: LTE speed and Reception.

Erick Newman

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I had an HTC M8 prior to purchasing my N6 and in the same areas I consistently get lower speeds with the Nexus 6. As for reception. The N6 definitely gets better indoor reception than my M8 ever did. As soon as I step outdoors though the signal doesn't change when I had the M8 I would have full reception as long as I was outside. Is this due to Motorola's radios not being good on T-Mobile? Or is my phone broken?

Girlfriend has a N6 got hers same day same transaction as mine she doesn't have the LTE issue her speeds are consistently higher than mine.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I had an HTC M8 prior to purchasing my N6 and in the same areas I consistently get lower speeds with the Nexus 6. As for reception. The N6 definitely gets better indoor reception than my M8 ever did. As soon as I step outdoors though the signal doesn't change when I had the M8 I would have full reception as long as I was outside. Is this due to Motorola's radios not being good on T-Mobile? Or is my phone broken?

Girlfriend has a N6 got hers same day same transaction as mine she doesn't have the LTE issue her speeds are consistently higher than mine.

If you both have N6's on the same network in the same place, the only thing that should cause a notable, consistent difference in network bandwidth is one device's apps consuming bandwidth in the background (i.e., if you have facebook or other apps syncing). If that's not the case, it may be an issue with your device.

Erick Newman

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
If you both have N6's on the same network in the same place, the only thing that should cause a notable, consistent difference in network bandwidth is one device's apps consuming bandwidth in the background (i.e., if you have facebook or other apps syncing). If that's not the case, it may be an issue with your device.

Could the fact that i kept my old sim from my htc m8 have anything to do with it or is that not a factor?

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Could the fact that i kept my old sim from my htc m8 have anything to do with it or is that not a factor?

Easy way to find out: Take your and her sims and swap them to each other's phones and run a speed test. If the problem stays with your phone, it's likely a phone (or app) issue. If the issue follows the sim to her phone, it's almost certainly the sim.

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
Regarding your second point, which M8 do you have? The T-Mobile branded one or GPE? Before I converted to GPE, what I found was that T-Mobile and the OEMs program their phones to show a much higher bars than the actual signal.

So I feel like GPE phones show a more accurate representation of signal.

The only other thing I can think of is that perhaps a T-Mobile branded phone has more up to date tower information and can pick up better signal. No idea about that.