How to hide text message preview?

sinteck08

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone I have looked everywhere for how to hide text message preview and make it only say "new text message". I am coming from a galaxy s4 and this is how I had it set up I was just wondering if it is possible now. I am also trying to this with having to have a password or pattern on my lock screen if that makes a difference. Thank you for anyone that helps.

coreyacole

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok, the easy way is to wait for a message to come in and then press and hold on the message. Then click the "i" to configure.

Long way: Swipe down twice and press the gear for settings. (upper right by your profile picture)

Scroll to the Device section and press Sound & notification.

Scroll down to Notifications.

Now, you can either choose what to do when the phone is locked and select to Hide Sensitive Notification Content. Or...

Choose App notifications and then scroll to select the app in question. From there, you can choose exactly how you want that app to behave. In your case, third option Sensitive.

Hope this was clear enough to follow.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jackye Ng

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi, if i also do not want to display the content of all my sms that come in while i am using the phone, iis it possible? I am using android 5.0.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power