Redundant texts

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Anyone using the N6 on Sprint experiencing people who receive multiple duplicate text messages from you? My brother has a N6 on AT&T and I don't receive duplicates from him. Must be annoying to those on the other end.

Pure Shamu 3.3. Sprint.zip installed.

Sent via my mobile device.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I have a Nexus 6 on Sprint and have not experienced any duplicate texting problems at all.
As other Sprint N6 guys I know here in the ATL have also not had the problem, my guess is that it is a regional concern with the work they are doing on the towers.
Again, just a guess.
Patience and it will eventually clear itself up.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band Nexus 6.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Anyone using the N6 on Sprint experiencing people who receive multiple duplicate text messages from you? My brother has a N6 on AT&T and I don't receive duplicates from him. Must be annoying to those on the other end.

Pure Shamu 3.3. Sprint.zip installed.

Sent via my mobile device.
According to Jerry from AC sprint has some people from Google looking into the issue. It only seems to happen to N6's on CDMA carriers, so sprint and Verizon.

Posted via THE Nexus 6!

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't find the issue to be getting in the way of my enjoying the device, as the problem is on the recipient end. I do get a few people telling me about it. Since I'm not a heavy texter, it's not a large concern for me. It's just one of those things I'd like to have resolved. If Sprint and Google figure it out, that would be great. Hopefully soon.

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
I have a Nexus 6 on Sprint and have not experienced any duplicate texting problems at all.
As other Sprint N6 guys I know here in the ATL have also not had the problem, my guess is that it is a regional concern with the work they are doing on the towers.
Again, just a guess.
Patience and it will eventually clear itself up.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band Nexus 6.

If you read the thread I linked and the thread in the Sprint user forums, I think it's not location specific.

And since it only effects people with the N6, it's definitely not the towers.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49