Nexus 6 slow sales

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
They flat out said the Nexus 5 would continue to be for sale and even had updated images of it on the Nexus site prior to the 6 being released. This article is just silly. Not only was the Nexus 5 intended to continue to be for sale, but Google has not commented at all about whether or not they are meeting their sales expectations with the 6 and/or 9. That means Android Origin (not sure who that is) is flat out making up quotes or reporting speculation as fact and then this rag Christian Today goes ahead and reposts it without fact checking anything. That's not good.

reb0957

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Exactly, I have my alerts set for Nexus 6 release on Verizon and that is what came up.

Posted via the Android Central App

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, their conclusion is horse crap. People are buying up every Nexus 6 that gets put up for sale. The reason the 5 is still sold is that it fills a need. Not everyone wants a 6" phone.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
The only reason they are out of stock in the play store...They are all at the carrier stores. So they have most likely out sold the nexus 5 at this point by xxx times over. In the same time period as last year.

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I went into a company store for AT&T yesterday, and they did not even have one on display and said that they had no intention of carrying it. There are three AT&T company stores within a reasonable distance in my area and just one is stocking the N6. But multiple versions of iPhone and Samsung, along with lots of accessories are available and featured prominently at every store. DH (an i-Phone guy all the way) is totally perplexed by my search for the N6.

SearingMedia

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I haven't seen the same support for the N6 as the N5 had at carriers. I almost wonder if they would've been better off re-branding the N6 with a different name. The price jump for a Nexus, which is generally considered to be a solid mid-range device, might throw off a lot of consumers.