Nexus 6 on at&t

jsr1973

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I received my nexus 6 directly from motorola, I put my at&t sim card in and all I got was RESTORING. Thats as far as I got, after hours on the phone with motorola they said they would send me another one but couldn't tell me when. Just for fun I went to T-mobile today, they put their sim card in and it worked perfect. So it sounds like it's at&t NOT the phone. Has anybody experienced anything like this?.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 6 on at&t

I'd just do the exchange. I have a nexus 6 from moto and just popped in the Sim and everything works perfectly. Data, texts, and everything else. I don't know what that one's issue is.

Or go to att and try a new Sim card?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

A few hours before you posted this, I got a call on my AT&T phone, so it's not AT&T. It could be AT&T locally, experiencing either problems or some VERY heavy usage. (Christmas isn't like Mother's Day - the highest number of phone calls on a single day in the US almost every year - but it's pretty high up there, maybe second place.) Call AT&T tech support (you can get the number on the web site and call from any phone) and see if they're having a problem in your area. They may have one and not even know it yet, because everyone is trying to call them on their cellphones - which aren't working.

And just in case anyone is experiencing any internet problems - delays, timeouts, etc. - from Christmas until school reopens after January 1st is about the highest internet usage short of the last few hours of April 15th and right after a major disaster. So if your internet is having problems, take a bottle of chill pills until January 2nd.

jsr1973

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site

I got the phone on 12/16 put the sim in and left it on for 18hrs and got nothing but RESTORING. I went to t-mobile today (12/26) and the phone worked in 10 seconds with their sim card. It has nothing to do with high att network traffic, and att has tried 2 different sim cards and again all I get is RESTORING. A phone from Motorola is supposed to be UNLOCKED, it works on t-mobile but not on att.

rich250

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

plenty of people using moto or play store purchased N6's on at&t, must just be an issue with that particular phone