Why is it the first time my Nexus 6 rings, the volume is very low but during the second ring the volume increases?

jcg09

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
The first time my Nexus 6 rings, the volume is very low. During the second ring the volume increases

The first time my Nexus 6 rings, the volume is is very, very low. During the second ring, the volume starts to increase and is at the set level by the time the second ring comes in.
Does anyone have a fix for this?
Thanks,
Joe

GilmourD

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: The first time my Nexus 6 rings, the volume is very low. During the second ring the volume incre

The first time my Nexus 6 rings, the volume is is very, very low. During the second ring, the volume starts to increase and is at the set level by the time the second ring comes in.
Does anyone have a fix for this?
Thanks,
Joe
Seems to be a Lollipop issue as my Moto X 2014 does the same thing since the update.

integr8d

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: The first time my Nexus 6 rings, the volume is very low. During the second ring the volume incre

I've noticed the same thing. I wondered if it was Google's way of letting you catch a call before the ringing got too loud. If not, plenty of other things I'd fix first. But I'm definitely in your boat as well.

whynotpolonium

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site

I haven't noticed that yet, only had a nexus 6 for a few days, but my HTC One X had this as an option and I liked it. Shame if it isn't selectable.

Maybe if people complain about it Google will change it, I've seen a few people complain about not being able to change the chat bubble colour on the message app and that got fixed.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I've noticed the same thing. I wondered if it was Google's way of letting you catch a call before the ringing got too loud. If not, plenty of other things I'd fix first. But I'm definitely in your boat as well.

Exactly!

I don't see this as an issue at all. As mentioned above, it gives me a chance to answer a call before the ringing becomes obnoxious - I normally keep the ring volume quite high because I am in different environments throughout the day and cannot always easily hear it.

Kwdan

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

On my phone I can control that.. Settings/sounds/"increase ring volume" www.dropbox.com/s/1ghun42wptu8dya/Screenshot_2014-12-28-08-45-34.png?dl=0

Last edited:

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

I've had this "feature" on a few phones now, and have come to appreciate the more subtle alert before the ringtone blasts me.

AC App
Nexus 6

DroidGuy3

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site

lol !! by the way, this volume thing is so annoying .... & why the poor choices when it comes to alarm sound options on the N6??? why did google decided to make the most relaxing alarm sounds in the history of alarms??? we need rude & annoying alarms ha !!!

DroidGuy3

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site

but the same applies when you call someone, especially on speaker, there is a delay in volume increases, so as soon as the person answer, you can't hear them until volume adjusts, this is not a good thing!

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I think it's a bug as I notice it on my Moto X. Plus if you have sms sounds that are short sometimes you miss a message because the sound was too low. If it did it on ring tones I could maybe see it as a feature but the fact that it is happening to notification sounds tells me it's a bug.

whynotpolonium

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site

but the same applies when you call someone, especially on speaker, there is a delay in volume increases, so as soon as the person answer, you can't hear them until volume adjusts, this is not a good thing!
That sounds more like a bug than a feature for sure

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site

Alarm sounds to the same thing.

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

I love this feature. It allows me to pick up the phone or silence it before the entire office hears it.

skuni

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

Any news on how to adjust this? I don't mind it on ringing but I miss stuff when switching to speaker phone during a call.

Posted via the Android Central App

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site

Too bad they didn't apply this to the AT&T opening boot up sound. It's my understanding that it's quite loud. Definitely should have made that start up softly so it's not so intrusive, especially if having problems with random reboots and it's rebooting during a business meeting, at the theater, etc.

S GTG

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site

IF ALL ELSE FAILS

Hi guys I'm new to the forum but i hope i can help as my Moto g 2nd Gen had the same problem and it's running ok for now......

You are going to need to plug your phone into a computer and on AUTO PLAY click "OPEN FOLDER TO VIEW FILES".

1) Go to Media folder > Audio > Ringtones
2) Copy all ringtones and go back 3 tabs to the main storage page of your phone
3) Open Ringtones folder and paste your ringtones
4) Close the window, unplug your phone and cross your fingers it has solved your problem.

Worked for me so i hope this helps others.

Good luck

BargainingJew

Banned
Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

This is a stupid "feature" that Google added to Lollipop. It is not user selectable. It is especially annoying on speakerphone calls. Absolute idiocy.

Posted via the Android Central App

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site

IF ALL ELSE FAILS

Hi guys I'm new to the forum but i hope i can help as my Moto g 2nd Gen had the same problem and it's running ok for now......

You are going to need to plug your phone into a computer and on AUTO PLAY click "OPEN FOLDER TO VIEW FILES".

1) Go to Media folder > Audio > Ringtones
2) Copy all ringtones and go back 3 tabs to the main storage page of your phone
3) Open Ringtones folder and paste your ringtones
4) Close the window, unplug your phone and cross your fingers it has solved your problem.

Worked for me so i hope this helps others.

Good luck
Nope, that didn't work on my Nexus 6.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX