Is the N6 Camera Slow?

rhar75

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I love my nexus 6 but there are a few things that are frustrating me. One is, the camera seems slow to take pictures. I'm used to having an iphone and it's pretty instant when you hit the button on the nexus 6 you hit the button, half a second later it takes the picture meanwhile your pesky kids have moved resulting in blurry photos.

Anyone else think this is a problem or do I just need to shut up and get used to it?

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I love my nexus 6 but there are a few things that are frustrating me. One is, the camera seems slow to take pictures. I'm used to having an iphone and it's pretty instant when you hit the button on the nexus 6 you hit the button, half a second later it takes the picture meanwhile your pesky kids have moved resulting in blurry photos.

Anyone else think this is a problem or do I just need to shut up and get used to it?

I'm guessing you have HDR+ on. That setting actually takes a very rapid series of photos with different focal points/exposures, then performs some algorithms to optimize the result. Try turning HDR+ off - you should see photos snap pretty much instantly. It's better for any fast moving subjects, but if things are relatively still HDR+ normally provides better results (especially in low light).

rhar75

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
OK I checked that and hdr+ is already off. I think it may be because I'm not zooming first by touching the screen. Looks like it takes a bit longer to zoom then snap.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
OK I checked that and hdr+ is already off. I think it may be because I'm not zooming first by touching the screen. Looks like it takes a bit longer to zoom then snap.

Yeah sometimes you have to let it focus first and then snap the shot. Once it is focused the actual picture takes pretty fast.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
With HDR on yes, but then pictures are the best I have seen on a nexus or moto device that I have owned.

If I am snapping movement, I turn HDR off.

Posted via my Nexus 6!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol