WhatsApp, mic, speakers, screen and battery

marty2015

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Hey there.

Got my Nexus 6 a couple of days ago, upgraded from a Nexus 4, and am curious about a couple of things, and whether this is just the phone in general, or just my phone.

I use WhatsApp a lot, I use the voice recording feature within it, and I've noticed that the volume seems rather low in my recordings. It's clear, just low. I tested it out on Easy Voice Recorder, and it was okay, but better when I upped the gain. I also tried recording a video and the sound recording on that was far louder than on WhatsApp. Why is this? Is this WhatsApp or the phone's mic?

Secondly the speakers. They're good, but I find the lower levels to be a bit too low. If I play a song and have it one notch above silent, I can hardly hear it. I tested the same thing on an iPad 3 (probably not the best test) but I could hear more on the iPad's second to lowest volume setting. The iPad's full volume is louder also, I just assumed the Nexus 6 would have louder speakers?

The screen, I know its AMOLED, but it's supposed to be a warmer looking screen compared to, again, an iPad, right? I've noticed a pink hue on ambient display, when the screen goes dim. I've read about that so assume that's just the way the Nexus 6's screen is?

Finally the battery. Here is a run down of my battery. I unplugged yesterday morning to go to work at 8am. I finished work at 3pm for New Year's Eve. I used my phone all the way to work for about 20mins, it was in my drawer till I left, then I used it 20mins coming home. I used it for texts etc, little bit of browsing, then when I got home I played some music, YouTube videos etc, and it was in the red about 8pm. I plugged it in, unplugged at 10.30pm, went out, used WhatsApp, texting, occasional browsing. Went to bed about 2am, used it again today at about 11am for a phone call, about 30mins, maybe a little bit more, then have been on it since, browsing the internet, recorded a couple of vids, WhatsApp etc. It was in the red at 3pm so I've put it on charge again. Ambient display was off yesterday, on today.

So these things I've mentioned, are these the same for all Nexus 6's? I've got no way to compare this phone so just checking it's all good.

Many thanks.