Will the alarm power on the phone

bold1193

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea why all other phone manufacturers never copied blackberry with the alarm waking up the phone. Does anyone know if the Nexus 6/Lollipop incorporates that feature?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If the alarm could actually power on a Blackberry, I'm guessing it wasn't actually powered completely off, but rather in a deep sleep mode. If an Android device is powered off, it's completely off, and has to be powered on using the hardware power button. Alarms can certainly wake a normally sleeping Android device, but I'm not sure if there's a way to force Android to go into a deep sleep state.

apraetor

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Many Android devices can wake up from a powered-off state when a scheduled alarm is triggered. It just requires the phone to have hardware alarms and you to use an app which sets hardware alarms.

Posted via the Android Central App

Marcus Storn

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
People who wants the alarm to sound when their Android smartphone is powered OFF should go for one of the Chinese brands. Most of them have enabled this most useful feature in their Android offerings. My Alcatel Onetouch Idol 3 will happily wake up from a totally powered-off state, sound the alarm at the preset time and then power off again immediately.

That's how it worked with ALL Symbian phones, whether dumb phones or smartphones, that's how Blackberry used to work and that's how modern smartphones should work! Hear Samsung and Apple!

WP7Nettwerk

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I want to know as well, will this turn on phone including bypass patern lock on boot.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463