Wifi on the Nexus 6

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
So, I am coming from a Droid Turbo and before that I had the Moto X 2014 and a iPhone 6. One thing I have noticed since getting my Nexus 6 the other day is that wifi is terrible. In my house where my Droid Turbo had full wifi bars and worked perfectly the Nexus is a lot lower in signal or drops it and converts back to using LTE. I am on 5.0.1.

It's kind of annoying since I am usually always on wifi.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
So, I am coming from a Droid Turbo and before that I had the Moto X 2014 and a iPhone 6. One thing I have noticed since getting my Nexus 6 the other day is that wifi is terrible. In my house where my Droid Turbo had full wifi bars and worked perfectly the Nexus is a lot lower in signal or drops it and converts back to using LTE. I am on 5.0.1.

It's kind of annoying since I am usually always on wifi.

Possible you got a defective unit? Mine works better than my Nexus 5 (which worked great). Also, I'd expect there to be a general continuity, if not improvement, in performance of wifi on Motorola's products.

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I mean for the most part I can live with it. Just wasn't sure if other were experiencing it as well.

Sent from my Nexus 6

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah the wifi on my nexus 6 works the best of any device I've had in the last year. Just locks on very well.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Thank you! I will check it out and try it.

Sent from my Nexus 6

One thing you could try would be to go by any store that has a demo unit, set yours side by side with it, and check respective lists and signal strengths of available networks. If your device is noticeably weaker, it's probably a defect. Best to find out for sure now, though, as if it is a defect it's quite possible for it to grow worse over time to where you might have to accept a refurbished replacement instead of a new one (assuming you're still in your initial 'right of return' period).

cozzy123

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I noticed my 5ghz Wi-Fi sucks with this phone and my previous phone but the 2.4ghz is easy better. Signal is stronger and is faster.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay