nexus 6 ambient display

mesamitch

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys just wondering i have a nexus 6 and i have ambient display enabled in settings,

but when I pick up my phone the ambient display never comes on the only time it does come on is when I don't want it to come on

if I get a notification it will come on but later when I pick it up the phone it won't and if I try to force it like if I keep picking up my phone to try to make it come on it doesn't come on either

Do I have a defective phone just got it yesterday so I can return it

I don't know if this is just the way it works or what

mesamitch

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Never mind lol I was just too much in a hurry with it did not let the phone reset after I hit the sleep button

Takes around 20 - 30 seconds after you hit the power / sleep button for your ambient display to reset sorry guys about the post

sunil shinde

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
I was suffering long time with ambient display problems of my nexus 6. I have got solution in this forums. That, if screen lock setting is off or none mode ambient sencer is stop work. So set screen lock for ambient display. I did it and solve problems.
Very thanks to forums

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I was suffering long time with ambient display problems of my nexus 6. I have got solution in this forums. That, if screen lock setting is off or none mode ambient sencer is stop work. So set screen lock for ambient display. I did it and solve problems.
Very thanks to forums

Glad we were able to help. That is what we try to do. :)

Mav. :cool:

AndroidDario

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Very thanks to forums
I am planning to buy a Nexus 6, can you please explain me this function and how I have to enable it? Never heard about the Ambient Display. Nexus 5 owner.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk