Good grief! Fingerprint magnet!

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Picked up a Nexus 6 yesterday at T-Mobile and am using it on AT&T. So far liking a lot about it but who in the heck at Google / Moto tested / approved the back material? Whoever did needs to be beaten with a wet noodle! --> Twice!

I get that most phones are fingerprint magnets and my Z3 Compact is just as bad but the difference is on most phone you can just wipe the device off and all is good. With the Nexus 6 any attempt to wipe the back down only serves to rub the fingerprints and smudges in even deeper. The only way I've found is to use a wet cloth to wipe the back off. This is fine but after 30 seconds of touching it, the back is a smudge mess again.

I don't use a case ( I mention this because I know someone will be along shortly to state USE A CASE) I like my devices naked and have no desire to slap a case on it..

Did anyone at Google or Moto handle this thing for more than 10 seconds, then decide to look at the back and say holy cow, this thing looks horrible after limited use?

Rant over but the back of this thing is absolutely the worse material for collecting prints and smudges I've ever seen on a phone. To make matters worse, wiping it off does nothing but make it worse..

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I have mine in a Ultra hybrid case from Spigen. Its clear so I can see the back. Plus it doesn’t add much bulk. I'm not really into white phones.....so I chose the blue. Its one of my favorite colors anyway. With that being said, I do agree. Its a major fingerprint magnet. But this phone rocks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non