Exchanging a Nexus 6 for Another Nexus 6

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Have any of you who have had to return the Nexus 6 and get a replacement had a screen protector already installed? Then you have to buy another one? If it's a name brand glass scree protector, that can be a substantial loss.

The reason I'm asking is that when/if I get the N6, I would like to immediately put a glass screen protector and case on it. If there turned out to be a problem with the phone and I had to exchange it for another, I could, of course, reuse the case. However, the screen protector couldn't be reused. Has anyone been reimbursed for the screen protector or received a screen protector to replace the one you had?

In some cases, people have had to exchange the second (or third) phone they received for yet another one. In that case, it would be quite a financial hit to keep replacing the screen protector. And, conversely, I don't want to use my phone without the protection of a screen protector and case---that could potentially be even more costly. Before any of you say that it is extremely unlikely that would happen, remember that it has happened before and, thus, could happen again.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Have any of you who have had to return the Nexus 6 and get a replacement had a screen protector already installed? Then you have to buy another one? If it's a name brand glass scree protector, that can be a substantial loss.

The reason I'm asking is that when/if I get the N6, I would like to immediately put a glass screen protector and case on it. If there turned out to be a problem with the phone and I had to exchange it for another, I could, of course, reuse the case. However, the screen protector couldn't be reused. Has anyone been reimbursed for the screen protector or received a screen protector to replace the one you had?

In some cases, people have had to exchange the second (or third) phone they received for yet another one. In that case, it would be quite a financial hit to keep replacing the screen protector. And, conversely, I don't want to use my phone without the protection of a screen protector and case---that could potentially be even more costly. Before any of you say that it is extremely unlikely that would happen, remember that it has happened before and, thus, could happen again.

Motorola (or any reseller) shouldn't bear any responsible for 3rd party accessories you choose to purchase for the phone.

That said, I've had an instance where they replaced my Nexus 5 after I'd had it just under a year. I very carefully removed the glass SP I'd had on it, figuring it would at least be a short term protector for the replacement, and found it went on just as well - and bubble-free - as it had on the first. Film protectors won't have the same luck, and there's no guarantee of it with glass, but if you're careful about it and do it in a dust-free enviroment, it is feasible.

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
It's good to know that it is possible to reuse the glass screen protector, which is what I want for my phone. I understand your point that they are not responsible for accessories purchased. It certainly discourages me from buying a phone before the issue with rebooting is definitely addressed and fixed, though. If it was a phone with the back cover starting to pull away, I would hopefully see that right away and return it, without putting the screen protector on. If it developed later, though, I would not be happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol