Hangouts issue

skuni

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I love my N6! However, I am no longer receiving notifications for Hangouts. I have been through every setting I can think of. Please help! The wife gets mad when I don't respond 😉

Posted via the Android Central App

skuni

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I have done that. Everything that can say show notifications, does. Still no notifications for Hangouts.

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried just rebooting the phone itself? Maybe force stopping the hangouts app, or even uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Personally, I do not use hangouts, just taking some shots in the dark. Can you summarize the steps you've taken?

skuni

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for trying. I have done everything you have suggested and no luck. I did send a message to Google, I hope someone there can help. I do really like Hangouts, but without notifications, it's pointless.

skuni

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
No, I am using messenger for sms. Hangouts mainly for chatting with my wife, hence why notifications are important to me.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Check and make sure you didn't accidentally disable notifications for that specific Hangout. When in the chat, go to "People & Options" in the menu and check the notification settings.

Screenshot (Jan 30, 2015 2-13-58 PM).jpg

joselito76

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Me to. I don't get notifications mostly from new massages. Sometimes when I open the app and I go to a specific person and I open the chat I can see the last massage rolling up. And if a disable hangouts I don't get massages at all doesn't matter which other messages app I have.

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I switched to Hangouts about a week or so ago and haven't any issues - Sprint Nexus 6