Nexus 6 Question

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I have had the nexus 6 now for about a week. Its updated to 5.0.1 and I love it. For those who also have it I was just wondering if there are any tips and tricks that would be beneficial for me. Also any apps that you recommend. I have been on silly samsung touchwiz for a while and never had a pure phone before. Thank anyone for their help

gmermel

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Folder Organizer. A great way to, well, organize folders (duh). You can easily add many different things into a folder, customize its icon, sort its contents, put folders within a folder etc.

It takes the customization capabilities of Android and applies it to both functionality and aesthetics to great effect.

Kwdan

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I have had the nexus 6 now for about a week. Its updated to 5.0.1 and I love it. For those who also have it I was just wondering if there are any tips and tricks that would be beneficial for me. Also any apps that you recommend. I have been on silly samsung touchwiz for a while and never had a pure phone before. Thank anyone for their help

Root it! It allows you to take out the apps you don't use and add in features they Google left out.

Kwdan

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
what can you do once it is rooted
. . You can add or remove any application that you want to. I've removed every Google app except Playstore, hangouts, now, and chrome. Actually there's so much you could change. I've changed the entire rom. Using Liquid Smooth Rom now..Allows for quite a bit of customization.
Read up on rooting first and learn the pluses and minuses before you do it. You could have the best phone ever or 1 mistake could land you with a 600.00 paperweight.. But if your cautious, you should be fine.