My Nexus 6 Appears Stolen Online---Is this normal?

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Two months ago, i got a Nexus 6 64 GB from TMO. I recently canceled the account, paid of the device in full and am using full time on Verizon. It works great.

Recently, just for fun, I went to Swappa's ESN check and plugged in my ESN:

ESN / IMEI / MEID Check (Free) > Swappa

Here were the results:

Blocked Stolen (IMEI Blacklist)
This device is blocked by at least one carrier.
Activation Status Blocked (IMEI Blacklist)
This device cannot be activated.

Obviously, it still works great on Verizon. I received my final TMO bill of $0.01 and paid it off via credit card and verified via the automated system that the account has a zero balance.

Do you think I am seeing the ESN results because I never went to TMO to formally request they unlock the device?

I just canceled TMO on Jan 17, so maybe the status will update later and show it is clear.

Does anyone have any opinions? Do I gain anything by asking for TMOs assistance to formally unlock a device that is already unlocked?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Or you could just walk into a TMO store with the phone and the final bill (and a printout of the Swappa page) and ask them to correct any error they may have made. (Blocking an IMEI when the phone has been paid for is legally an "illegal taking" - in common terms that's called theft.)

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
The T-Mobile Nexus 6 is identical to one direct from Google, including being unlocked. This must be a mistake, maybe just a simple typo, either by T-Mobile or Swappa.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'll probably give it a week or two and see if it updates later. It would definitely be more critical if I was planning to sell it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital