Why aren't my Nexus 6 phone contacts syncing with my BMW X5 2014?

andreykash

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Nexus 6 phone contacts not syncing with BMW X5 2014

I have BMW X5 (produced in 2014) and enjoyed seeing/searching all my contacts in the car transferred via bluetooth while I was using Iphone. Now I switched to Nexus 6 and my contacts no longer show in BMW, while bluetooth pairing was successful. I can make calls in the car, receive calls in the car, see my sms messages on the car screen, etc. The only option that is missing is contacts view and search. Does anyone know how to fix this fault?:-\

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Nexus 6 phone contacts not syncing with BMW X5 2014

Are there any contacts at all? If not you are probably not permitting the PBA profile. Try removing the phone from the X5 and then re-pairing it. There should be a dialog on the phone asking you to trust the car for all other types of bluetooth requests. Check the box and accept.

If that doesn't work, look here:

Bluetooth problem with your car? Please read - Pg. 2 | Verizon Droid Charge | XDA Forums

andreykash

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site

It shows maybe 12 contacts out of my 1500+, and I checked all the boxes after pairing. And removed the phone and re-paired it, no good... I suspect Nexus 6 BT protocol is newer than BMW and they don't pair properly

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site

It shows maybe 12 contacts out of my 1500+, and I checked all the boxes after pairing. And removed the phone and re-paired it, no good... I suspect Nexus 6 BT protocol is newer than BMW and they don't pair properly
I had an issue with my 2006 E60. Broke around 4.1. I only got 1 contact (always the same one).

Oddly enough, Lollipop fixed it completely.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

mannw1977

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

I'm a tech for toyota and deal with this issue once a week with our head units. Due to the amount of contact in your phone is most likely your problem. The unit may not be able to store that many contacts in its memory. I would try a reset of the unit at the dealer and also delete contacts that you know you will never call. It would be a good idea to see if they know the max amount it can store. Head units can be costly and be years behind of what your phone can do. It drives me nuts with how cheap units are compared to the cost. You may be better off getting an aftermarket unit if this doesn't work.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair