How many times have you hit the power button by accident so far?

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
This thing is a beast!! Trying to pick it up without hitting the power button is a bit of a challenge. I kinda wish they placed the power button on top

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Wanna make it worse? Put it in a case mate naked case. I love the phone, I love the case mate. I hate how much easier it is to hit the power button now.

I was having difficulty deciphering the power and volume buttons by feel without a case.

I've actually considered filling down the ridged power button on the case to eliminate this some. Probably do that soon. I love the kickstand feature on the case I use it daily.

Posted via the Android Central App

BobDaNob

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Um, how about 'all the time'?

Seriously, I probably inadvertantly hit it at least a few times a day, especially because (it being a large phone and all) if I'm carrying it sans pocket, I hold it in the middle. And then there's the phone's notorious slickness - sometimes simply lifting it/adjusting it hits the power button if I'm not paying attention just by my fingers sliding up the outer frame.

The midway button placement was nice in theory, but I think it's becoming obvious that I'd sacrifice whatever ease of use a lower button provides to keep it a bit more out of the way in everyday use.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
None...but if you do press it.. you have to hold it down for a few seconds before it shuts down. Not an issue.

dkeven

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Several times which turns screen on while trying to replace in pocket or belt holster. Since you can't turn it off and charge it seems a fairly useless button to be so prominently placed.

vaughaag

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Initially quite a few times but I got used to the location and I now have a case on the phone with a ridge separating the power and volume.

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
No problem for me.. I just double tap it to wake it... Then double tap it to put it to sleep.

So your power button does nothing when pressed? Or have you flashed your phone which is irrelevant to this particular post?

Kwdan

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
So your power button does nothing when pressed? Or have you flashed your phone which is irrelevant to this particular post?

I responded to the question which i feel makes my answer relevant. I also added why it wasn't a problem for me by stating why I didn't have to push it by mistake.

ray sital

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
This thing is a beast!! Trying to pick it up without hitting the power button is a bit of a challenge. I kinda wish they placed the power button on top

I hit it all the time, I think I'm slowly getting use to it though.

ray sital

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I responded to the question which i feel makes my answer relevant. I also added why it wasn't a problem for me by stating why I didn't have to push it by mistake.

You came here to brag about your double tap to wake up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz