Activate from home?

mothershipload

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I need to activate my new phones on T-Mobile, just left Verizon. Can I do it online, or do I have to call in, or worse yet, go to the store?
Thanks,

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi,
I need to activate my new phones on T-Mobile, just left Verizon. Can I do it online, or do I have to call in, or worse yet, go to the store?
Thanks,

If you have a T-Mobile SIM card you could very easily do it online or over the phone... If you don't you'll need to go into the store.. I originally got my T-Mobile SIM card from a Walmart and did the activation online from home....

mothershipload

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I just received the phones and the sim cards. Sales rep told me I'll need to do something called "porting", in order to keep the same numbers. Can that process be done online?
Thanks,

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I just received the phones and the sim cards. Sales rep told me I'll need to do something called "porting", in order to keep the same numbers. Can that process be done online?
Thanks,

I was on Sprint and once I had the T-Mobile sim and did the activation online it came to a point where it ask if you want to keep your number and you click yes and enter your information... It not only ported my number over but I didn't even have to contact Sprint to cancel my line... it just vanished from my account and the next month my bill was just like $18.....

mothershipload

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
So I don't even need to contact Verizon for anything? As soon as I'm done porting the numbers to the new phones, my Verizon service immediately ends, is that correct?
Thanks,

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
So I don't even need to contact Verizon for anything? As soon as I'm done porting the numbers to the new phones, my Verizon service immediately ends, is that correct?
Thanks,

I would say I am 99% sure that is what happens.... I never contacted Sprint.... about 24 hours after my activation I logged into my Sprint account and it just said "Something must be wrong... We don't see any devices on your account." and there was nothing there.. My regular billing cycle ended and I got a small bill for what was probably a prorated portion of what I used/didn't use...

once you port your number over just log into your Verizon account online in a day or two and see what it says... I never had to follow up with Sprint at all.. After I paid that last bill I never saw another bill from them and never called, emailed or chatted with them to "Cancel" my service... Verizon could be different.. I was with Sprint 15+ years so I couldn't say for sure Verizon would be the exact same... But I'd bet it is....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1