Nexus 6 suddenly running hot and draining super quick with Cell radio on

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Over the last 2 days I've noticed that my Nexus 6 is draining super quickly and getting hot when the cell radio is on.

As an example, I picked my phone up this morning, screen was off, and it was hot.. turned cell radio off and put it back down and waited like 10 minutes.. picked it back up and it wasn't hot at all..

2 other people I work with are experiencing this same exact issue on their Nexus 6's and it started happening the same time.

Anyone else on AT&T experiencing this?

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
There are reports that this is happening with the latest update of Facebook Messenger. I don't use it. If you do, see what happens if you uninstall it.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
The other weird thing I noticed was that it was brighter than normal at night. I set the brightness all the way down to the lowest level and it was still really bright. I turned adaptive brightness off and it lowered a bit but then I turned it back on and it went back up, and this was with me laying in bed in a pitch dark room. Normally I use it and dont worry about bugging my wife but last night it was super bright and lit up the room.

About 30 minutes ago I turned the phone off completely with it plugged in, and left it powered off. I just now powered it back on and it's been sitting for 10 minutes and it hasn't gotten hot and the screen brightness is real dim(because I lowered it) and its sitting at 83f which appears normal. It was hovering around 107f earlier.

I had rebooted my phone a number of times over the last 2 days, but it seems that powered it off and waiting might have fixed it.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Hmm.. I think some of the sensors were stuck or something.. now my live wallpaper is moving when I move my phone(minima pro) and earlier this morning it wasnt. Appears ambient light sensor and accelerometer werent working.

JVillan11

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
This just started happening to me on Monday. I have no idea where to start. No Facebook installed. Didn't install anything new and cleared cache. Any ideas?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois