6 /7 months old would it be worth getting?

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering if around April /may...
I can up grade then and from what i can see a two year old nexus 4 gets lollipop before anything outside of Google would it be worth getting?

Posted via the Android Central App

Saturn1217

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for asking this question. I am also wondering. Simply don't have the need (or the cash) for a phone right now but I am really curious about the Nexus 6 and I doubt that Google will have a clear successor to this phone next year (a Nexus phablet). But I'm a little worried that if I buy the Nexus 6 later it will be outdated too quickly. Anyone else have any (helpful) comments in this regard? Obviously none of us can predict the future.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for asking this question. I am also wondering. Simply don't have the need (or the cash) for a phone right now but I am really curious about the Nexus 6 and I doubt that Google will have a clear successor to this phone next year (a Nexus phablet). But I'm a little worried that if I buy the Nexus 6 later it will be outdated too quickly. Anyone else have any (helpful) comments in this regard? Obviously none of us can predict the future.

People are still buying Nexus 5's. I wouldn't worry about the 6 getting too old throughout this year. It's going to be just as good as most of the flagships coming out this spring. If it weren't so expensive I'd probably get one too. :eek:

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I personal do not see it as a flop...... From what i have seen most other phones update for 18 months and there done, where the nexus line has a phone two years old getting the latest version of Android..

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
To the OP, the Nexus 6 will be worth getting as long as you think that it is worth it. It should continue to be relevant and receive updates for a while. If in a few months, you still like the thought of it, you should get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
LolliBug, Lolliflop, Lollipo0p. I'd used all these monikers after reading the many horror stories. To be fair and honest, though, after spending last weekend auditioning a NeXuS 6 it was not bad. With Nova Prime and replacing the boringly yucky stock font (after rooting) it was fine to use and I didn't notice any bugs, granted, I only had it for 3 days.

🍎 iPhablet 6+ 🐛

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Just wait till it's free so you can complain about a free phone.

Nice run-on sentence. I don't even understand what you're asking.

Last edited:

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Me three. Though, I would expect nothing less from a phone that shipped with Lollipop. However, if it is one of the many phones that are upgrading to Lollipop, I can understand if there may be some bugs.

ray sital

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Just wondering if around April /may...
I can up grade then and from what i can see a two year old nexus 4 gets lollipop before anything outside of Google would it be worth getting?

Yeah if you want the pure android experience.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
The Nexus 5 is still a pretty solid phone, so I don't see how the Nexus 6 won't still be a great phone in 6-7 months. If you're looking for a stock Android phone, it would most likely still hold the title best stock device.

I used a Nexus 6 for a bit (probably getting one again) and I noticed a couple of bugs, but nothing crazy. The biggest issue I ever had was the screen not lighting up when it rang a couple times and I had to press the power button to answer the call. I'm sure by the time you plan on getting one, that bug will be squashed.

gadgetgirl3

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
After a major OS upgrade, there's always those people that instead of waiting for the inevitable bugs to be worked out, jump right in and criticize. It's predictable. I haven't had any issues on my N5 or N6.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
There are two ways to look at an April upgrade depending on your point of view. If you value stability then you can view a six month old device as old enough to have had the bugs worked out but young enough to have all of the features that you really need. If you value having the very latest thing then you'll want to buy a device within a month or two of it's announcement. Personally I'm in the second camp. Because of all of the production delays on the N6 I've lost all interest in it, I've decided to stick to my Nexus 5 until the 2015 phone comes out. I'm hoping that the display on the 2015 device will be smaller than the N6's, I think 6" is just to big. I'm also hoping for a Snapdragon 820 although my best guess is that it will be an 810. The 820 is in a 14nm FInFET process which should help battery life a lot. The wild card would be an Intel 14nm processor. Intel is the process leader but they have very little presence in the mobile world. They've been paying Chinese tablet makers to use their mobile processors but that doesn't give them much visibility, an Intel based Nexus would be huge for them, it's low enough volume so that their subsidies won't hurt that much but it's very high visibility.

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Probably going to get it in two weeks... Stock android, updated right away witu latest software, continue updating possibly two years later if it follows suit like nexus 4..... I see it as the logical choice had a samsung note 3 so big phone doesn't bother me..