How do they expect to sell this phone?

AlfBriggs

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I stroll into my local UK Carphone Warehouse mainly to see the new Galaxy A3 and A5 which looked to be selling very well with all the cases sold out and a few buying them (TouchWiz so very smooth and unbloated too) and I look over to see a Nexus 6. However unlike the other devices its a dummy model! The only other noticeable dummy is the One M8 but I understand as the M9 is so close! Apple and Samsung have huge stands with their phones on and then there's the Nexus! I know they don't want to sell crazy loads through carrier but people won't know the power and amazing nature of this phone if its a scratched up ****ty display model.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 20150217_132528.jpg
    20150217_132528.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 99

Danny Long2

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I stroll into my local UK Carphone Warehouse mainly to see the new Galaxy A3 and A5 which looked to be selling very well with all the cases sold out and a few buying them (TouchWiz so very smooth and unbloated too) and I look over to see a Nexus 6. However unlike the other devices its a dummy model! The only other noticeable dummy is the One M8 but I understand as the M9 is so close! Apple and Samsung have huge stands with their phones on and then there's the Nexus! I know they don't want to sell crazy loads through carrier but people won't know the power and amazing nature of this phone if its a scratched up ****ty display model.

Couldn't agree more I bought from CPW google are dreadful at marketing there is similar comments on G plus about marketing of google wallet and android wear. Its as if they don't want to sell stuff.

Also don't know if you spoke with a member of staff they are clueless about the nexus they knew nothing about it!

AlfBriggs

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Couldn't agree more I bought from CPW google are dreadful at marketing there is similar comments on G plus about marketing of google wallet and android wear. Its as if they don't want to sell stuff.

Also don't know if you spoke with a member of staff they are clueless about the nexus they knew nothing about it!

No even though I'm a kid I get very frustrated when talking to staff who don't know what to do, I know most of them are just part time college jobs but I feel they should be educated. Some of them are very helpful, don't get me wrong, but most are very bad. They probably don't know what 'stock android' is or even Lollipop 5.0, they just market the hell out of Samsung and Apple and maybe Sony. CPW are a very mixed bag, some branches are amazing, some the opposite. But yeah I don't feel its worth releasing the Nexus on carriers in the the UK. Mind you the £489 price tag is reasonable.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Depends on the store. They could have one out that was good that someone then broke .. which ruined it for everyone else. You never know.

AlfBriggs

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Depends on the store. They could have one out that was good that someone then broke .. which ruined it for everyone else. You never know.

Nah, don't think so it was very scratched and looked a good couple of months old. Would be surprised if they had any in stock.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Nah, don't think so it was very scratched and looked a good couple of months old. Would be surprised if they had any in stock.

Could have been the only one the store got as a display model so .. that is what you saw. Just saying .. It sometimes isn't the manufacturers fault.

Spallboy

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I went into one of my local CPW to have a look at the nexus 6 and was told they only had a dummy model and it was only the bigger stores that had live models so went to a bigger one and they didnt have anything.
My other half (who isn't very tecky) hadn't heard of the nexus phones before the other day, google really don't push their best products at all

AlfBriggs

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I went into one of my local CPW to have a look at the nexus 6 and was told they only had a dummy model and it was only the bigger stores that had live models so went to a bigger one and they didnt have anything.
My other half (who isn't very tecky) hadn't heard of the nexus phones before the other day, google really don't push their best products at all

To be honest they want people to know them except geeks which is why I seriously doubt there decision to release it on carriers.

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I went to an AT&T company store (not just an authorized retailer) in the US, thinking it would be most likely to have the N6 in stock. However, they did not. Only one store in the area (also a company store, which is considerably larger than the one I went to first) had a N6 available to try out. However, they had little-to-no stock of the phone at that time.

chrisforpm

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
I picked up mine up yesterday and same thing, couldn't find a demo model at any of the carrier stores or resellers. Today at work no one in the office has even heard of the Nexus. Although all the comments I received were really positive about how nice the phone is.

Morq

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Maybe they really dont want to sell stuff to well, so they wont get hit with anti-monopolism stick again..

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The Nexus devices sell themselves. I imagine that most folks buying a Nexus device are doing so based on their research. The Nexus' aren't marketed to the mass consumer. While having a live display would indeed be nice I don't think it matters quite as much for something like a Nexus.

from a dark Note 4📡

cjp39

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
The white and Blue 32gb's are available right now through the GP store.
I'm sure the whites will be sold out in the next couple of hours though, lol.

I'm just waiting until the 26th when, rumor has it, VZW will let me "edge up" to one. God the wait has been a long one.

AlfBriggs

May 19, 2014
Visit site
The Nexus devices sell themselves. I imagine that most folks buying a Nexus device are doing so based on their research. The Nexus' aren't marketed to the mass consumer. While having a live display would indeed be nice I don't think it matters quite as much for something like a Nexus.

from a dark Note 4📡

Yes I agree with your market, however if this is the case and it only targets this audience, who by the way probably hate the state of American carriers (UK not at all) why not just list it in the Play Store?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz