Could you ever go smaller

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Where you stand depends on where you sit.
Currently switching between a Lumia 1520 and a Nexus 6. Both are huge, smooth, awesome phones.
Nexus is smaller of the two, both have wallet cases which makes them even larger.
I have grown used to condensing my essentials and each are the only thing needed for me to go out into the world.
Drivers license, cash, credit cards, Cell. Hey it's all I need.
The Lumia can carry more "stuff" comfortably than the Nexus.
To answer your question; Yes, I could go smaller.
5-->6" would be fine. Though larger is easier for me to see.

Wayne Sanders

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Just found out about one handed operations on my note 3..does the n6 have such a feature?..see if this screen shot shows it well or not...
ef887a25b5407b5d1adb24f60b9da41a.jpg

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Had the Note 3 for about a year. Then I went with the Moto X. The phone felt small. It was kind of nice from the standpoint of fitting into a pocket, using at the gym and putting it in the cupholder of my car but, the screen seemed small, almost like it was a flip phone. I wound up returning the Moto X and going back to the Note 3 for many reasons and the size was one of them. Now, I have the Note 4. On occasion, when I try and put it in my pocket, it gives me problems or, it falls out at the gym. It still fits awkwardly in the cup holder but, overall I would not go back to a smaller phone.

Interesting to note, is that there is a strong sales surge of flip phones in Japan. Apparently, there are less people wanting big phones or they just cannot afford them.

dizbstretch

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Ever since I got my N6 and tried to go back to my M8, it was difficult to continue using the M8 even thought it's an excellent device from HTC, the size is what killed it for me now. I hope the rumors are true and HTC is putting out two flagship and the second one is close to the N6 size.

Posted via the Android Central App

kansasandroid1

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Well now I can officially answer your question yes I can go smaller. I had Nexus 6 for a couple of days but it was to big so I'm back to my Moto X (2014)

Posted via the Android Central App

Wayne Sanders

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
And no, I would not want to ever go back to a smaller screen. I would if I had to, but I wouldn't want to. I had a galaxy rush, it seemed SO much bigger than my blackberry. When I saw my brother's s3 it seemed way to big of a phone. Then I got an s3. It was just another phone in a week or two. But this note3..is a beast. Want to hang on to it for a while for sure

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
With the amount of media consumption I do on my mobile devices, and coming from a N5 whose screen wasn't quite large enough to avoid visual fatigue and N7s whose screens were large enough but bodies were too large to conveniently carry with me at all times, the N6 is pretty much my ideal.

I would happily go to a smaller body if it didn't sacrifice screen size, but instead managed the feat by slimming the bezels, though to be candid I'm quite fine with the body size of the N6 and if I could have my 'druthers' I'd prefer an even larger display within its current shell.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Just found out about one handed operations on my note 3..does the n6 have such a feature?..see if this screen shot shows it well or not...
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/22/ef887a25b5407b5d1adb24f60b9da41a.jpg

Not stock, but I'm fairly certain an app could be developed that would allow it (pretty sure it would require root, though). While I get by well enough with the N6 as it is, that type of functionality should be a no-brainer for Google to implement as an option in a future OS update, and a 3rd party app that manages it would probably be the first thing to actually entice me to consider rooting mine until such time as one from Google were to be released.

Though I'd certainly hope it would allow selection as to which corner of the screen the reduced image would anchor (most likely lower left for left-handed use, lower right for right-handed use - I can't see where anchoring it to the top would be beneficial).

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
With the amount of media consumption I do on my mobile devices, and coming from a N5 whose screen wasn't quite large enough to avoid visual fatigue and N7s whose screens were large enough but bodies were too large to conveniently carry with me at all times, the N6 is pretty much my ideal.

I would happily go to a smaller body if it didn't sacrifice screen size, but instead managed the feat by slimming the bezels, though to be candid I'm quite fine with the body size of the N6 and if I could have my 'druthers' I'd prefer an even larger display within its current shell.

Remember, the bigger the screen the bigger the hit on the battery. Though I must admit, the N6's 5.96" display is quite tasty to the eyes.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Remember, the bigger the screen the bigger the hit on the battery. Though I must admit, the N6's 5.96" display is quite tasty to the eyes.

Hasn't been any issue for me to date. Personally, I'm quite satisfied with the N6's ability to provide for my daily energy consumption, even with what I qualify as heavy use. By the time (if ever) someone should manage to fit a larger display in the same size shell (max would be about 6½" if fully bezel-free), I suspect system/battery efficiency would allow for at least similar run-time despite a larger display.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Hasn't been any issue for me to date. Personally, I'm quite satisfied with the N6's ability to provide for my daily energy consumption, even with what I qualify as heavy use. By the time (if ever) someone should manage to fit a larger display in the same size shell (max would be about 6½" if fully bezel-free), I suspect system/battery efficiency would allow for at least similar run-time despite a larger display.

I hope so.

Wayne Sanders

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Not stock, but I'm fairly certain an app could be developed that would allow it (pretty sure it would require root, though). While I get by well enough with the N6 as it is, that type of functionality should be a no-brainer for Google to implement as an option in a future OS update, and a 3rd party app that manages it would probably be the first thing to actually entice me to consider rooting mine until such time as one from Google were to be released.

Though I'd certainly hope it would allow selection as to which corner of the screen the reduced image would anchor (most likely lower left for left-handed use, lower right for right-handed use - I can't see where anchoring it to the top would be beneficial).

Very perceptive...yes you can move it about. Putting it anywhere you want, and change the size also. Near top for me, because I don't have large hands, and the balance of weight with this large phone, sometimes works best near the top, and not necessarily at the edge.

choclab1

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
This is the question I've been asking myself too. Its going to be really hard for me to go back to a smaller screen. My wife has the S5 and it seems very small to me now.
I hope there is some 5.5-6in screens that I'm interested in, in the future.

Posted from Nexus 6

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Never go back. Every phone I've had has been the largest available for the time. I don't use my tablet because my phone is now large enough.

I look at phones that smaller then the N6 or the Notes and feel sorry that they have to use such a tiny device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julieharrison