Huawei making next Nexus???

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's a tough one. Huawei's reputation is decent, but I don't know enough about the overall quality of their flagship devices. I see people posting on these forums mostly about entry level and midrange Huawei devices, and those seem somewhat underwhelming.

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Doubt it.... Pattern following here two Samsung, two lg i believe Motorola will make next nexus... Truth being said i don't care since i am not going to get another nexus till 2016(October, November)...
I hope Motorola keeps it.....

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm not sure what to think about when it comes to the next Nexus phone. I haven't seen any of their premium devices in person so the build quality is a question there. I would prefer HTC or Sony to make the next Nexus phone. Both of those OEMs are struggling in the mobile space and I think that making a Nexus phone will help them out in the long run. I think it helped out Samsung and LG so the same could be done for HTC and Sony.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
From things I've read, LG would make the smartphone, and Huawei would make the tablet. Unless there will be two smartphone variants along with a tablet, with Huawei making the "budget" phone, and LG the high-end phablet.

32gig

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
From things I've read, LG would make the smartphone, and Huawei would make the tablet. Unless there will be two smartphone variants along with a tablet, with Huawei making the "budget" phone, and LG the high-end phablet.

Yeah, I read the same, lg making the phone and huawei making the tablet. I wonder if lg does make the next nexus phone if they'll keep the premium price as the nexus 6 or go back to the nexus 4 and 5 pricing scheme..

Posted via Android Central App

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I read the same, lg making the phone and huawei making the tablet. I wonder if lg does make the next nexus phone if they'll keep the premium price as the nexus 6 or go back to the nexus 4 and 5 pricing scheme..

Posted via Android Central App

That's why I figure there will be two phones and a tablet, because Huawei is a good choice to make a phone for those looking to spend $350-400 on a 5-5.2" phone. LG would make a Nexus 6 2015, that would be a 5.5-6" phablet.

I've had the Huawei MyTouch, and I will say that the sound on that phone was the most loud I've had on a phone. I never missed a notification or call, and call quality was good as well. I was impressed with that keyboard phone for $150 at the time. Huawei would make a great phone for the original Nexus price.

My one thing about LG making a phablet variant is the speakers placement. I prefer speakers on the front, like on HTC and this year's Nexus.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Something to speculate about: What will the NEXT Nexus be called seeing how the Nexus line ran out of numbers? Nexus 6 2015... Nexus 2015...Nexus...? Android Central should have a contest. Whoever guesses right wins a free Nexus whatever it's called. Or however many guess right get put in for a drawing to win one.

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I think its premature to be speculating the next nexus the N6 has only been on the market for 4 1/2 months roughly... And i don't see Google contracting huawei for the next nexus why would they go from a higher quality of devices to sub standard at best..... Doesn't make a bit of sense to me at all... I see Motorola holding on for some time or lg, sony or htc coming into the mix....

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Id have security concerns about Huawei..
I was thinking that as well. The Chinese government is known to actively support hacking. However... Lenovo is a Chinese company and I have never heard of any issues with their PC's.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
If the rumor is true, I think it's a safe bet that LG would make the high-end phablet Nexus, especially since the G4 is rumored to come with a "G Pen". The next Nexus would come without it.
The Huawei variant would be priced along the lines of the original Nexus pricing for those that made a stink about the price jump.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2